Getting discouraged....

Options
I've been working hard since April 24th and have only lost 6 lbs. I lost around 70 lbs back in 2011-2012 and kept if off for 2 yrs. I got in a relationship in 2014 and have gained about 40 lbs. I don't know how I let myself get here again. I look in the mirror and feel so disgusted with myself. Anyone else ever get totally discouraged?

Replies

• veronicaske
    veronicaske Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have gained 30lbs in the past couple of years and just started working out again. I just try to take one day at a time and just worry about being successful that day. Stay motivated because over time you will see change, I know discouraged feeling but you can't let it get you down. Just use it as motovation to keep pushing youself, you can do it!
  • Fierce1209
    Fierce1209 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I gained about 60 lbs in pregnancy, lost 20, and gained it all right back. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I feel disgusted and sad every time I look in the mirror. Mostly sad because how out of shape I am, running around with my kid takes all the life out of me. He's almost 1 and 1/2 so I have no excuse to why I haven't lost the weight, just bad habits.

You are losing a good amount of weight. I understand when it comes off a lb at a time it's hard to stay motivated. We are a society of instant results yet, our bodies take a painfully long time to shape back to health. You are doing great! I get that way all time time.

Feel free to message me if you ever wanna chat!
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Some people get motivated by positive reinforcement, others need a kick in the backside, you lost weight before, you know what needs to be done, you have the strength within you to conquer, let that be your guiding light. It took time to put it on, it will take time to take it off, don't get discouraged, stay on course, visualize your goal, keep track of your progress, celebrate when you take steps forward.
  • findingmi
    findingmi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started on the same day. I started feeling that way yesterday. We just have to think about the fact that we are 5 weeks closer to our goal. One day at a time. We will get there slow and steady.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in five weeks is excellent progress! For how much you have to lose, a pound a week is right about what you should be losing at.
  • tracer1808
    tracer1808 Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think you are doing a great job! No reason to feel discouraged.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Worst phrase in weight loss- "only lost."
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I feel you! Everyday is a struggle! I just trying to make sure I'm working out eating right everyday and logging everything. I have about 50 lbs to go.....small term goal get yo 210 by 6/30. Cw: 227
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Worst phrase in weight loss- "only lost."

Totally agree!!

Don't be discouraged! Sounds like you're doing amazingly!
    Just keep it up and you'll be where you want in no time at all!
    I lost about the same -4lbs a month- from Jan-March and then got ill and then lost all motivation and I'm struggling to lose 1lb a month now, but I'm slowly getting better!

So don't slow down now!