I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!!

Options
Trying to lose the last 23lbs and I'm stuck. Please help!! Looking for motivation and meal ideas (LCD).

Replies

• cassandramidnight
    cassandramidnight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you increased your exercise? If so, you may be building muscle, while still reducing fat... and since muscle weighs more, but takes less space, you still may be shrinking, without it showing on the scale... Have you kept track of your measurements.. you may not actually have 23 pounds left to lose.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have you increased your exercise? If so, you may be building muscle, while still reducing fat... and since muscle weighs more, but takes less space, you still may be shrinking, without it showing on the scale... Have you kept track of your measurements.. you may not actually have 23 pounds left to lose.

Most likely it's not muscle.

OP, what are your stats? How long has it been since you lost? How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Has your calorie goal changed recently? It is supposed to go down automatically with your losses but mine has always needed to be done myself, if you go into goals and update something in there it will change, it may just be that your deficit is not as big as you think it is. Also tighten up logging the less you have to lose the more accurate you need to be. And last patience, if you've only been stuck for a few weeks give it more time weightloss isn't linear.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

lb for lb fat and muscle weigh the same. by volume no. so the op would have to gain 23lbs of muscle to offset the weight loss for it to not show on the scale. its not usually how that works either.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What exactly have you been doing?
    How long has it been since your weight has changed?
    What is your age, gender, height, weight and daily activity level without exercise?

If you haven't been losing at all after 3-4 weeks of effort then you don't have a calorie deficit.
    Look at your logging first.
    Are you logging everything you consume as accurately as you can? Are you using a food scale? (Include cooking oils, condiments, drinks, vegetables, fruits)
    Are you choosing correct entries from the database? Some are wrong.
    If you cook are you using the recipe builder to log your food?
    Are you logging exercise and eating exercise calories? Do you have an activity tracker synced as well as logging exercise manually? You maybe overestimating your calorie burns.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

she mentions nothing about being on a progressive lifting program and eating at a surplus, so why would you assume it is muscle weight??
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Since no one has mentioned this, according to your diary you are not weighing your food. I don't really see anything measured in grams, and you log a lot of 1/2 pitas. You should weigh your pita in grams, and everything else you eat, yes even pre-packaged food which you eat a lot of. These things will add up and slow weight loss.
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    kabbalahredstring1029 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself since May 13th. I'm 35, 5'4 and weigh 163 lbs. I now workout at least 4 (sometimes 5) days a week doing fitstar workouts or treadmill. I do eat a lot of frozen veggies because they last longer than fresh. The lunchmeat should be replaced with something else, I didn't realize how much sodium it has. I do have a scale and I'll start measuring in grams. I was measuring in ounces I didn't realize that made such a big difference. I'm trying to lose and tone. My goal us 23 lbs. I have a fitbit and font eat calories I burn. I stick to my calorie goal regardless. But I'm wondering if 1200 calories to to low now that I'm more active.