I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks

Options
I'm 5"3 and 9 stone 5 at the moment, I've lost 6 lbs over the last 8 weeks or so. I've not lost anything in the last 2 weeks even though I've been exercising more and eating under my 1500 goal (net). Some days I've eaten more, never going above 1700 but mostly I've been within my calorie goal by 200 calories most days. I know people experience plateaus but I wasn't expecting to have one so soon! I don't know what I can do, I guess I'm just frustrated and wanted to rant xxx

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    5lbn748wp8k8.jpg

Give it more time, hopefully the flow chart will help.
  • rachelagoodill
    rachelagoodill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    5lbn748wp8k8.jpg

Give it more time, hopefully the flow chart will help.
    Thank you so much! I could be overestimating how much I'm burning when exercising so I'll try and be more accurate
  • Leboo74
    Leboo74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm at a loss as to why I'm not losing weight. I've used the flow chart and am going to a doctor Wednesday.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and 9 stone 5 at the moment, I've lost 6 lbs over the last 8 weeks or so. I've not lost anything in the last 2 weeks even though I've been exercising more and eating under my 1500 goal (net). Some days I've eaten more, never going above 1700 but mostly I've been within my calorie goal by 200 calories most days. I know people experience plateaus but I wasn't expecting to have one so soon! I don't know what I can do, I guess I'm just frustrated and wanted to rant xxx
    If you're going over your calorie goal, consistently, that's why you may not be losing weight. Follow the graph provided and BE HONEST. You'll likely see why it's not happening.
    Also, stalls are normal in weight loss. Body adaptivity to new lifestyles take time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Leboo74
    Options
    When my diary was public I got bashed for eating under 1000 calories or accused of not being truthful. I am not only making a permanent lifestyle change but am trying to lose as much as possible for my wedding. I'll raise my calories after the wedding.
  • rachelagoodill
    rachelagoodill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you're going over your calorie goal, consistently, that's why you may not be losing weight. Follow the graph provided and BE HONEST. You'll likely see why it's not happening.
    Also, stalls are normal in weight loss. Body adaptivity to new lifestyles take time.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I'll go over by 100-200 calories once a week but then undereat by 200-300 calories the rest of the week so idk really! I know I don't drink enough water so it may be that
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Do you have a digital scale? Are you weighing all of your food, even things like a slice of bread? Are you logging everything including cooking oils you may be using in your pans? Will you open your food diary?

It's probably not a lack of water. How do you determine your exercise calories? When did you start this new exercise program and what does it consist of?
  • Leboo74
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm very disciplined. Basically I have a protein shake for breakfast. 11 oz approx 160 cal. If not a shake then eagbeaters and spinach. Lunch is raw spinach, tomatoes, green pepper, and chicken or eggs for protien. I basically have same for dinner. Snacks are nuts or beef jerky. I normally land under 1000. I've been power walking with weights on wrists and ankles for at least an hour per day. I would do more but I'm building up stamina, I was sedintary until a couple of months ago. I've lost none. Even gaining a couple. I'm getting married in July and I'm very disappointed. I plan on continuing healthy eating and exercise program. I had just hoped for more result. Mid April I weighed 192 and this morning I was 189. I'm not cheating. I'm dumbfounded.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Leboo74 wrote: »
    I'm very disciplined. Basically I have a protein shake for breakfast. 11 oz approx 160 cal. If not a shake then eagbeaters and spinach. Lunch is raw spinach, tomatoes, green pepper, and chicken or eggs for protien. I basically have same for dinner. Snacks are nuts or beef jerky. I normally land under 1000. I've been power walking with weights on wrists and ankles for at least an hour per day. I would do more but I'm building up stamina, I was sedintary until a couple of months ago. I've lost none. Even gaining a couple. I'm getting married in July and I'm very disappointed. I plan on continuing healthy eating and exercise program. I had just hoped for more result. Mid April I weighed 192 and this morning I was 189. I'm not cheating. I'm dumbfounded.
    Undereating STIFFLES your resting metabolic rate. You burn stored body fat AT REST, not exercising. So by undereating, your body LOWERS it's resting metabolic rate to a crawl because your calories are too low. So now you're burning very little stored body fat at rest. The body is very smart. It's primary goal is SURVIVAL and if you're not doing the CORRECT things to ensure it, then it will do it on it's own. It will adapt to the calories you provided it. That's just how it works.

Also, don't wear ankle weights while walking or jogging. They can damage not only your gait, but the joints around your ankle.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Getting your period or ovulating?
    I'm in the same situation, been 2 weeks of not losing, but I've been at this for the last 2 years and down 90 pounds... sometimes it's just a plateau and I end up losing again by the 3rd week... or the extra snacks etc added up! It's not uncommon to hit a plateau, from what I understand, more than 3 weeks and you're likely not being strict enough in your diet!... very frustrating though!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Another thing that hasn't been brought up yet is that you're at a healthy weight now. Any loss you're aiming for is going to be slow (most likely half a pound a week), and this means your logging will need to be as precise as possible.