cheeseburger

Options
Hello, I am new to this board and wondering how I would do a homemade cheeseburger. One of the options puts the cheeseburger at 330 calories and another at 570. How do I know which to select and what is all includes?

Replies

• Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Weigh your patty and select what type of ground meat with the appropriate fat content and then input how many ounces you consumed. Add your bun, mayo, cheese, etc. all separate.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Id like to know as well because i splurged last night and had a homemade cheeseburger and would like to know what i really consumed. Im sure im way off but i was good and thats all i ate and i was full.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Break it all out

Burger
    Cheese
    Bun
    Ketchup
    Pickles
  • Jlittrell
    Jlittrell Posts: 4
    Options
    I always go the bigger calories item if I can't find exactly what I am looking for and can't input it myself.
  • AlliBart
    AlliBart Posts: 4
    Options
    If you wanted to be very close to what the actual calorie count is..... I would add everything separately. Ground beef (specify the fat to meat ratio), the type of cheese, mayo, no mayo.....ect. AND if this is something that you make often and exactly the same way, then you could save it into your recipes on this web site. Good luck! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Weigh your patty and select what type of ground meat with the appropriate fat content and then input how many ounces you consumed. Add your bun, mayo, cheese, etc. all separate.

This. I ate a homemade burger Sunday. It was probably only 400 calories. 6oz of 93% lean beef. 100% Whole wheat bun. No cheese, no mayo. Just ketchup, mustard, lettuce, pickles and tomatoes. Actually pretty healthy.

Now the chips I also ate..... .not so healthy.
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It makes a difference in what kind of hamburger you use if its 80 90 or 95 lean meat too.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    you can find kraft cheese slices with no fat for 35 calories a slice. i found frozen burgers that taste great and are 170 a patty with 7 grams of fat and also found burger buns that are 110 calories. That was the lowest cheese burger i had ever had and tasted like it wasnt light.
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Definitely add everything separately. I love to use the Barcode scanner and just input the serving size I used. If it's something you eat often you can also create a food or recipe that you can save for future use. :o)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Make a recipe, or put it all in separately.
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    Options
    You should try turkey burgers. Healthier option and less calories, plus they are yummy! I want a burger now...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You should try turkey burgers. Healthier option and less calories, plus they are yummy! I want a burger now...

Ground turkey is often deceiving. I think unless you get the "lean" stuff it actually has more fat than the 93% lean ground beef.