Looking for a diet

Options
Hello everyone I have been working out for 2 months ! I have a pretty good workout plan with which I gain some muscle mass. My issue is that I have body fat that I want to lose but at the same time I want to keep my muscle mass. Any advice of a diet that I can start? I am 20 years old 6'1 weight 187. I also take two scoops of protein and 1 scoop of creatine after workout. I workout 5-6 days a week which include 4 weight lift days and 1-2 cardio days. Thank you :)

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Eat what you eat now, but less of it. The less dramatic of a change you make, the more likely you'll stick with it. Enter your information here and enter to lose 1/2 lb per week. The slower you lose, the less muscle will be lost.
  • alanaeheath
    alanaeheath Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try 5:2 the fast diet. I lost 3 stone and a lot of body fat. The health benefits are amazing. The website is really helpful and explains everything. I understand it's not for everyone but I've tried numerous diets and this one is by far the best for weight and fat loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Eat what you eat now, but less of it. The less dramatic of a change you make, the more likely you'll stick with it. Enter your information here and enter to lose 1/2 lb per week. The slower you lose, the less muscle will be lost.

Yep. And make sure you do eat enough protein (.8 grams per pound of lean mass minimum) to preserve your muscle too.