Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
How effective is with aiding in weight loss? Would love to read about any success stories when ACV was incorporated into diet and exercise routine.

Replies

• buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Not at all - search for the zillion threads on this subject and you'll see there is nothing magic about weight loss or we'd all be skinny! Lol - good luck.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    How effective is with aiding in weight loss? Would love to read about any success stories when ACV was incorporated into diet and exercise routine.

diet and exercise is where you lose weight,ACV is just another food/cleaning agent,etc
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    I eat it often (on salads, for example), sometimes use a flavored type in cocktails, and even drink a shot of it with breakfast. I've gone through time periods when I drink it regularly, and times when I don't. It doesn't have any effect on my weight loss or hunger at all.

(Why do I drink it, then? I'm a li'l ol' lady with some tendencies toward digestive issues. It's a fermented food, so could be probiotic (if you get the right kind). Rumor has it that it may help digestive-acid insufficiencies that can affect us oldies. Do I have such insufficiency? Does it even seriously help that? I don't really know. But I'm pretty sure that a bit of it won't hurt me, and I'm that rare soul who actually likes it plain. If you like the stuff, go ahead & try it for weight loss - avoid exposing your teeth to lots of it, for any period of time, though - and see if it helps your weight loss. I predict no. ;) )
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    How effective is with aiding in weight loss?

None. It's none effective.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Lol. I'm refinishing vintage metal chairs that have some rust. Guess what I am using to remove the rust? Vinegar and a wire brush. It's working great!
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Just wanted to see if I could add something natural to help the process. Oh well it was worth asking.
  • SylviaCherie
    Options
    Lol. I'm refinishing vintage metal chairs that have some rust. Guess what I am using to remove the rust? Vinegar and a wire brush. It's working great!

Ha!!!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Just wanted to see if I could add something natural to help the process. Oh well it was worth asking.

Food is pretty natural, by and large.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Put a gallon of ACV in a bucket with a handle. Stand upright with your feet steady on the ground directly under your shoulders. Grasping the bucket by the handle, perform a curl lifting motion. Repeat this 10 times. Switch to your other hand. Repeat 10 lifts. That's a set. Do 4 sets.

If you do this every day you'll build some muscle.
    Your new muscle will have a metabolic cost of existence, which means that it will burn calories by existing. That will help with your weight loss.

Joking aside, ACV is a form of acid and acidic foods are used in many tasty dishes. I'm going to make a Dr Pepper Pulled Pork tomorrow. The pork shoulder label instructs to add any acidic liquid to the slow cooker, and specifically mentions ACV as well as orange juice.

I've used ACV to soak my whole wheat flour before baking bread. Even though I don't often cook with rolled oats, I'll plan ahead and soak the oats in acidic liquid for a few hours before cooking them. That soaking in acidic liquid can reduce the phytic acid content of the food, the reduction of which increases the bio-availability to you of the minerals and good elements in the food. ACV can be used for this, and this can be good for any weight loss program if one consumes the grain product in portion sizes that fit within their calorie goals.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I used it as a marinade for my ribs this weekend.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    It's very good in killing the algae when I scrub the stock water tanks.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I used it as a marinade for my ribs this weekend.

This, it goes great with pork
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My new thing is collard greens sauteed with some chopped up bacon and then a bit of ACV added at the end. Really good. It is good with pulled pork too. I really love vinegars, and if you like them they aren't bad things to include in the diet, although they are not going to make a difference to how much weight you lose.
  • SylviaCherie
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you all for your insight, humor, and sarcasm.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Good for marinade and the occasional hair rinse
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Now I want pulled pork.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just. Dont. Not in a shot anyway. It'll leave you feeling a bit tipsy.