Breastfeeding

Options
edbleasdal42
edbleasdal42 Posts: 1 Member
I heard that you can tell the app you are breastfeeding, but I'm not sure how. I'm a week and a half post partum, and my body is disgusting me every time I look in a mirror. I began my pregnancy at 123 pounds, and got to 190 before it was over (I was retaining a lot of water, but most of it is fat). I now weigh 162. Losing weight is important, but I also don't want to tank my milk supply, so I was hoping there was a setting that accounted for it.

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Most excellent first post. Bravo
  • mtague7733
    mtague7733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not a time to try to lose weight! Best to concentrate on self care like eating healthy and trying to get enough sleep so you can keep up your milk supply and enjoy being with your baby. Being a new mom is stressful enough! Have you congratulated yourself on successfully bringing a new person into the world? By the way, pure lanolin from amazon for your nipples REALLY works and you just wipe it off when you breastfeed... no need to wash it off. Just remember, one day you will look back on this and SMILE!!!!!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    No there is no setting I'm aware of, however there are breastfeeding entries in the food database that will log negative calories per oz of breast milk that may help to balance your food diary.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You can totally lose weight in this post-partum period. Just set your weight loss goal to "maintenance" and be very honest in your tracking. I've lost all the baby weight and more at 14 weeks PP. I'm now 1.4kg under my pre-pregnancy weight and my milk supply is amazing. Just boob as much as possible.