Just Starting

Options
I'm just starting out with my fitness pal, and finding out how crazy some of the stuff I eat/drink is! I found that I was drinking most of my calories so I'm trying to put a stop to that! Drinking water is something that I really try to do, but struggle with I'll admit I'm a Mt. Dew addict.. I was doing well on the healthy lifestyle track until I broke my leg in February, and when I couldn't really walk/move I got way off track. I've started going to the gym and am trying to take control again, just having a little bit of a struggle. I'm getting married in June of 2012 and would really like to lose my "baby belly" before then. My 4 year old son has told me a few times that I'm going to have another baby because my belly is getting fat. I'd like to make it so that the next time he says that I am actually going to have a baby!!

Replies

• vibrant80
    vibrant80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Four year olds are the best, aren't they? :laugh:

I'm also a recovering Mt. Dew addict. You can do it!
  • Slaytoar
    Slaytoar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Realization of what we eat and drink can be half the battle sometimes. This site is great, I hope it helps you on your journey. Good Luck!:smile:
  • SMarie1219
    SMarie1219 Posts: 67
    Options
    He says things that catch me so off gaurd, but he is honest I can give him that much :laugh: Thanks for the encouragement!
  • mikedigesu
    mikedigesu Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel about your son's comments. My 8 year old daughter used to pat me on the stomach and say that I had a "Santa Belly". When she saw a picture of me from years ago, (when I wasn't so fat), she said, "I don't like that picture of daddy. He doesn't have his fat ole belly in it." Needless to say, I'm trying desperately to lose that "Santa Belly". I've been on this site since March 1, 2011 and I love it. I'm at a plateau now, but I'm trying to work through it. Send me a friend request if you'd like. By the way, congrats on the marriage!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know EXACTLY what you mean! I am a Coca-Cola addict! I could drink that stuff ALL day long, as well as cappuccino! So I know what you mean, i am constantly fighting to drink more water, but I can tell you one thing, the more water you drink, the better you will feel and the more motivated you will be do it! :)

I am apple shaped, (It runs in my family, my dad and mom and my grandparents are ALL like that too), so the majority of my weight gathers in my stomach...so I am TOO trying to lose my baby belly (LOL, my son is 2 1/2 now and I am STILL hanging onto a TON of weight from my pregancy, along with a TON more that I put back on AFTER he was born). ::sad:

You can do it though, and like I said, that more you do it, the more you will want to do it!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome - You have come to the right place.

Kind and helpful people with shared goals are inside.

Learning to eat cleaner and leaner and exercise will be a big part of the early days of you journey.

Don't panic this is a not a diet it is a lifestyle change. You have the rest of your life to live it.

Once you settle into it you will never want to go back to the way things were before.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    I feeel your pain I am new to MFP too and I am not so much addicted to pop, but to starbucks coffee/ drinks. I would stop at starbuck atleast 3 times a week. Now that I am also trying to lose weight before the big day, that was/still is the hardest thing to give up. You can do it thou, just think of how happy you will on your wedding day. Godd luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.

Best Wishes,

Heather.
  • amandabayless
    Options
    Would it make you feel better to know that my 4 year old said something very similar too? He asked when he was getting a brother or sister as he patted my belly.

I'm here for you, girly. :) We can kick our Mt. Dew/Dr. Pepper habits together. I'm proud I'm down to just having half a large Coke in the morning (need the caffeine and the larges are cheaper than the mediums at Sonic). We can do this?
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    Would it make you feel better to know that my 4 year old said something very similar too? He asked when he was getting a brother or sister as he patted my belly.

I'm here for you, girly. :) We can kick our Mt. Dew/Dr. Pepper habits together. I'm proud I'm down to just having half a large Coke in the morning (need the caffeine and the larges are cheaper than the mediums at Sonic). We can do this?

We can do this! I'm glad I'm not the only one whos kid thinks they are getting a sibling!!
  • Lapetitemort
    Lapetitemort Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I'm also just starting.
    Good luck and patience!
  • Gallinagordita
    Options
    Count me in with the coca cola addicts! I wrote coke addicts at first - heh. I'm only on my third week, but things are going well. I'm sure they will for you too!
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My boys said the same to me too!! Luckily though my belly is finally going away!! I've been working out since March and met my weight loss goal. Now I am just working on toning up and losing inches. I started with Brazil Butt Lift and and now doing Turbo Fire (on my 4th week). Both are great workout programs!
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift? That sounds interesting. I might have to look into it!