What do you do after a binge?

Options
So, oreos. I normally keep them out of the house, but regardless, I found a package of them in the pantry and immediately started digging in.

We are in the process of moving to a different state, I woke up with swollen glands/headache, etc. but really I have no excuse.

I'm already nearly at my calorie limit for the day, and I'm well over my carbs/sugar.

Any tips on how to handle the remainder of the day? Lots of water, low cal, low carb dinner and maybe go for a run? Any tips/ideas?

I'm trying not to beat myself up, but it's hard not to.

Replies

• bluekarou
    bluekarou Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agreed, log and move on. These things happen. When I have an oops I tend to pre-log for the following day to ensure I hit my targets.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. I overeat all the dang time lol
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support. I've logged it and I'm trying not to beat myself up.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't beat yourself up. Many of us have done it.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Oreos aren't known for causing swollen glands and a headache. And the treatment for such symptoms would surely not be "go for a run." You're sick. It's temporary. Rest. Good Lord.

I read it as she woke with the swollen glands and in addition to the stress of moving felt particularly vulnerable today when the Oreos popped up and said "hello, I'm here to comfort you."
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    sometimes I'll split up a cheat into other days. I always sleep in saturday and sunday so I don't have breakfast those days. I would log some of the oreos as breakfast those couple days to make myself feel a little better. lol
    stick some oreos onto your log on a day you came under etc.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Oreos aren't known for causing swollen glands and a headache. And the treatment for such symptoms would surely not be "go for a run." You're sick. It's temporary. Rest. Good Lord.

I read it as she woke with the swollen glands and in addition to the stress of moving felt particularly vulnerable today when the Oreos popped up and said "hello, I'm here to comfort you."

I wasn't clear on what came first, Oreos or swollen glands or if she was attempting to draw a correlation. You might be right. If I had swollen glands and a headache, I'd eat Oreos too and not give it a second thought. All I'd care about was getting rid of the swollen glands and the headache.

It was the "go for a run" idea that got me. Like the guy who was doing pushups on the floor next to his bed when he was hospitalized for pneumonia. Thinking that was the cure.

:open_mouth: I missed that one. I'm sure the pneumonia wouldn't be helped with all the germs on a hospital floor. :sick:
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I wasn't clear on what came first, Oreos or swollen glands or if she was attempting to draw a correlation. You might be right. If I had swollen glands and a headache, I'd eat Oreos too and not give it a second thought. All I'd care about was getting rid of the swollen glands and the headache.

It was the "go for a run" idea that got me. Like the guy who was doing pushups on the floor next to his bed when he was hospitalized for pneumonia. Thinking that was the cure.

This is obviously n=1 but I find I actually get over minor illness (colds are never ending my house because three kids) faster when I maintain my running training load through it. Not necessarily a crazy idea.

OP just keep on keeping on, it's only one day. I hope you are on the mend soon!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things, a few Oreos is barely a blip. If there's any left, toss them. Show those Oreos who's boss, eh.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options

@nutmegoreo yes, I woke up w/swollen glands and a headache, thanks for your support and clarification.

@newmeadow I was not trying to draw a correlation beyond that I am more apt to give in to temptations when I don't feel well. Also, swollen glands are hardly an equivalent to pneumonia and hospitalization. I have seasonal allergies, which is what I imagine is causing the glands. Taking a Zyrtec and going for a run is surely not the same as the example you provided. "Good lord" indeed.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel and *kitten* happens sometimes and you eat a bit more than planned. I'm sure your body will put it to good use in helping you get better!! Log it and move on. Tomorrow's a new day!