Awesome post-workout breakfast!

Options
Hi everyone,

So today before I went to the gym I was really hungry so I wanted some quick carbs to fill and fuel me, thus I grabbed a banana and a black coffee.

Anyways, bananas are calculated on here as 100 calories (not sure if that's right or not but thats what I am counting!) and I usually like my breakfast's to be under 400 calories. So I put together a bit of this and that and came up with a really simple bowl of filling protein for only 207 calories!

Here is what it is:
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use revolution whey)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 fresh blueberries
cinnamon (as much as you want!)

Total for this is 18 carbs, 2 grams of fat, 28 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, and 9 grams of sugar!!

Yum! I'll be having this more often!

Replies

• Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Have you always liked cottage cheese? I have never been a fan, might be the texture? I dont know... but im trying to find ways to "like" it... wondering if this might be a way to try it for me
  • spankywife
    spankywife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That sounds SO YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • vancouveritegirl
    Options
    Hi! I never have liked cottage cheese savoury except for in things like lasagna. But since I have started making it sweet I have loved it! Another great way to have it is with mashed banana and cinnamon :)
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Have you always liked cottage cheese? I have never been a fan, might be the texture? I dont know... but im trying to find ways to "like" it... wondering if this might be a way to try it for me

"Whirl" your CC in a blender and use is as part of a smoothie, or use it blended and mix it with Flavored low sugar yogurt.