Need Motivation

Options
I am a SAHM to two children ages 5 and 3. We are fairly busy but there is no excuse why I can't fit in workouts and eat well. I have 30lbs to lose so I will be at a healthy weight, feel good about myself in my own skin, and have my energy for my children. For the past 3 years all I have been doing is making excuses or I'd get started with a routine to fall off that wagon as quick as I got on. My weight has "yo-yo-ed" and I would love to say goodbye forever to the 160's. That is my first goal. I am 2lbs below that now so time to move forward and away. Lately I have been seeing recent photos of myself and have been completely disgusted. Being a comfort eater I am doing well with staying away from what makes me feel good when I am sad, especially with how I look in these photos. I have two months until I turn 30 and I would love to walk proudly into my 30's feeling as comfortable as I am on the inside but having it shown on the outside. I am hoping that this website and anyone else who would like to help get me motivated to become the new and improved me! Thank you so much for reading and take care!! :smile:

Replies

• lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to two also! 4 months and 2 years! They're a workout all by themselves!! LOL. I have a really tough time most days fittings in workouts too. Sometimes it doesn't happen until AFTER my hubby gets home from work... Add me!! We can figure this out together!!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    hi there! i myself have achieved this... and i know walk prouder than ever before. :) i am living proof that you can do this, for real, the healthy way. the tools you need are here, and also within you! there is no excuse that is good enough to put your health secondary to anything else. without it, you are nothing to your family.... and if you put your family first, then it makes sense that you would put your health first. you mentioning excuses reminds me of a blog i posted a while back. perhaps some of my rebuttals will help you out. :)

http://payfitforward.net/archives/423
  • DIVATRUFFEL0116
    Options
    There is a website with a young boy doing exercises and he does it with kids...maybe if you could interest them in that or try pulling them in a wagon. I lifted my son on the bottom of my legs while sitting.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom, with 3 kiddos (9, 6 and 2) I babysit a 20mth old and I will soon also watch his lil brother once he is born. I want to share my story with you, if you don't mind. I also lacked motivation, but hated the person I saw in the mirror. So I used my lack of motivation as motivation...LOL.

This is posted on another site that I use:

I decided that I was tired of the fat girl in the mirror starring back at me. I wasn't her, but some how she had taken over my life. So I told her to take a hike and I was taking the control back.

I have been watching what I eat and portion control since mid March, in April I watched Food Inc and was disgusted with the thought of eating meat. And so I quite. Cold turkey (no pun intended). I do consume dairy, eggs, and fish. There are times that I miss chicken, but that is about all. I do feel better and not eating meat isn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be.

I started out working out on the Wii Fit and lifting some light weights (2lbs). I would do some jump-n-jacks, lunges, butt kicks a few times through out the day. In June (I believe) I joined a gym and have been working out pretty regularly. Focusing on weight lifting and some pretty intense cardio. There are some weeks that I just don't have the time, or just can't make myself work out (that lovely time of the month is the worst for me). But I do try to go at least 4 times a week.

When I started this journey, I weighed 183.6 lbs. I had recently had a baby and I while pregnant I got up to 235.4. That was the heaviest I had ever been in my life. A lot of that weight fell off pretty easily. But I was still 30 lbs heavier than what I was pre-babies (154 lbs).

My goal weight is 135-140 lbs, I tend to fluctuate quite a bit which is very frustrating. As of my last weigh-in I weighed 168.4 lbs. That means that I have lost 16.6 lbs!! I am so excited to see a better me forming. I have muscle tone that I have never had before. I feel firmness where it was once flabby and saggy. (CORRECTION - I am now down to 165.8 and I have lost 19.2lbs)

This is a life change, and I am sticking to it...NO MATTER WHAT! I know that I will have bad days or even bad weeks. But I will stay strong and I will reach my goal and I will stay there.

You can do this, you can meet your goal. Just know that it will take time. Don't ever give up!! :D
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this with me! :o)
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    Raeanne - You are indeed an inspiration to all. Thank you for your kind words.
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM too and a military wife which means quite often I am left without the support of my hubby when he's on trips or deploys. This always made it tough for me to workout. I found it hard to get to the gym during the times that had childcare available. That's when I turned to working out at home. I find that no matter what I can find time at least at some point during the day or night to push play and workout! Right now I am doing Turbo Fire, prior to that I did Brazil Butt Lift. I started this in March when my husband deployed and I've lost weight and toned up! I'd love to add you for support!!