Losing weight too quick?

Options
fooddiaryyo12
fooddiaryyo12 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I haven't changed anything in my life style, besides I haven't been to the gym in a month. In that month, I've lost 24.7 lbs. This is kind of concerning to me. I'm not doing a thing to lose weight right now, plus I haven't been to the gym (I've been feeling too tired). I eat the same. I can't figure out why I'm losing so quickly, or even at all. It's noticeable and it's making my skin look baggy. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting. I just need input.

Also, sorry, this barely makes since. I'm kind of in a hurry.

Edit: I know it's not muscle loss, I don't really have any muscle to lose, lol.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not sure what the gym has to do with anything, but *anyone* losing an average of 0.8 lbs A DAY *for a month without knowing why* should probably visit the emergency room right *kitten* NOW, and continue with immediate doctor follow ups to that visit till the medical people figure out what is going on....

There is no LOL here.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You say that you haven't changed anything but you also say you haven't been to the gym in a month. That is a change that could account for a few pounds of water weight. Other than that, you don't say how much you are eating and how active you are. If you are losing too quickly then you should eat more.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with a doctor, and while you're waiting log your food for a few days. It could be that not going to the gym decreased your appetite and you're not eating anywhere near what you think you're eating, but a doctor's appointment is very important. Any other symptoms that show malabsorption like bowel movement issues? Whatever the case, this is NOT normal. Even if we assume 10 pounds of water weight loss from quitting gym (and even that is a stretch) 14 pounds in a month is extremely fast and should be checked.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Sounds scary. See a doctor asap.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Are you obese? It's easy for obese people to lose massive amounts with little effort. Maybe when you were working out you were eating more and now you're eating less and your deficit now is bigger. Maybe you've been retaining water from exercising and now it's come off. Maybe you've cut out a particular food and don't realize it and it's caused an increase in deficit or a drop in water weight. Or maybe you have a serious medical situation brewing.