Do you think a real love is exist?

Options

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Accept them for who they are, as well as accept yourself for who you are. Do not try to change them. [/quote]

If this is possible then yes, otherwise no.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    Yes I think it does exist if you come in with the mindset that nobody is perfect and we are prone to make mistakes. Accept them for who they are, as well as accept yourself for who you are. Do not try to change them.
    Isn't that more tolerance than love though? I've seen many couples "tolerate" each other for years only to divorce later because they couldn't take it anymore.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    LVNF04 wrote: »
    Yes I think it does exist if you come in with the mindset that nobody is perfect and we are prone to make mistakes. Accept them for who they are, as well as accept yourself for who you are. Do not try to change them.
    Isn't that more tolerance than love though? I've seen many couples "tolerate" each other for years only to divorce later because they couldn't take it anymore.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I see it as I see it. That's my choice.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Yes, it exists. But it is less common than many people believe. I know so many people who claim to have been in love many times...in my opinion, they have NOT been in love many times. They have been in lust, or had some fondness, or great affection, or very strong liking coupled with attraction, or some attachment that can be of varying degrees many times. These things are nice and help teach us about relationships, but they are not actually love (again, in my opinion...but this is an opinion thread!) Just because people say they love someone doesn't mean they actually do...a lot of people say that to every girlfriend/boyfriend they have ever had. You can't REALLY love two or three people every year!

Real love (of the romantic variety) may only come around once or twice if you are open to it and perhaps a bit lucky.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Love is a broad spectrum. What is true love to one person may not be to another.

I love you's are thrown around more than stds so it's something that has become pretty meaningless to me.

"True love" exists, yes, but I think we try too hard to fit it into the true love guidelines that we often end up disappointed and wanting more.

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I believe true love exists. I've seen it in my parents. 37 years of marriage and they still hold hands and flirt obnoxiously. They take good care of each other and clearly make each other happy... and make each other better. I hope my relationship and marriage can make it there.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    True love is loving someone else more than yourself---and yes, it's rare, but does exist.
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Of course... It is always best when you connect with someone, and really feel like soul mates... So special, and incredible. :)
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    no
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! :heart:
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not saying it doesn't, but I have yet to experience it. ;) Aside from my son of course....
  • AlmondDream
    AlmondDream Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    No.
  • kczal
    kczal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    True love? I don't know. When it comes to my kids yes! I'd do anything for them. But in a man I'm yet to find real love ❤️
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    From the moment we were created!
    GOD is LOVE! :heart:
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Love exists...in so many permutations ... some is fleeting, some is everlasting, some is painful, some is regrettable, some is educational, some is destructive... there is not just one love for each of us in our lives... it is all around for those courageous enough to continually seek it out... I have loved... for a few brief fleeting moments and felt its seductive glow... I live in fear for the love I have for my child, not for her... but for what I may do to someone who would bring her harm. I love my wife... my life these past 18+ years has been devoted to providing the most and the best that I can... Love... is what our hearts' beat is for... to know it exists one need only close one's eyes... and look within... and feel its warmth
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    If you can't do that, then you take too much in this world for granted or you are wired differently and should find help to cope.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Story book love does not exist. Bond pairing exists through hormones but goes away over time under certain politically incorrect situations. Because bond pairing is based on hormones men and women experience love significantly differently. Under normal hormonal circumstances women will love their children more than anything they experience in their lives. Instinctively men will desire to care for and protect their family unit. In the beginning of relationships when pair bonding is strongest is "puppy love" or lust.

But story book love and happily ever after.... I'm not so sure. Monogamy has traditionally been imposed via religion and laws. Modern society has laxed those institutions and we see huge divorce rates, rates of cheating, and polygamy/polyamoury.

Just sad grim reality. I wish love existed. We are just chemical reactions of a hormonal soup in a calcified skull writhing on a spinning rock orbiting a massive fireball hurtling through space.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    From the moment we were created!
    GOD is LOVE! :heart:
    Not if you don't believe in any god. IMO, this god people speak of tends to be discriminatory to those that don't believe in him/her/it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png