Healthy Snack Ideas for Work

Options
Greetings Fitness Pals!

I've started to continue my weight loss journey again, and just like when I first started... those first few weeks of cutting my calorie count down, I feel hungry and my stomach grumbles, all the time.

It was suggested that I carry around healthy snacks to help curb the hunger (as well as drink more water).

Do ya'll have any good snacks that you've found are low calorie and help during the day? Something more creative than "veggies in a bag" or "nuts"?

I do have access to a refrigerator at work, so keep that in mind :smile:

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I follow a low-carb diet because I find it very filling, so I look for snacks that are high in protein and fat. Here are some of my faves:

- Flavoured almonds (Blue Diamond Hababanero BBQ and Wasabi Soy are awesome)
    - Pepperoni sticks
    - Cheese strings
    - Protein bars (Quest usually)
    - Beef jerky
    - Pickles
    - Hard-boiled eggs
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello (aka jelly in UK) with a little fruit added to it before it sets. I eat it with fat free cottage cheese (high in protein) and it's yummy
  • NightOwl88
    NightOwl88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

You all caught a little of everything I like!

Spicy Almonds, Yogurt + Granola + Coconut, Cottage cheese (totally forgot about that!).
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I don't remember if quark is a thing in the US (otherwise just use low fat yogurt or skyr, if you have that) but in summer, my favourite thing to take to work with me is that with some fresh fruit (berries are my favourite) blended in. If the fruit isn't sweet enough, I mix in a bit of stevia or - if calories allow it - a tiny bit of sugar.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    dry cereal, Skinny Pop popcorn, string cheese. I sometimes snack on cold veggie dogs, too.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    veggies in a bag ... and hummus, hehehe! What? ....It's a great snack!
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn, sometimes with a few chocolate chips when its still hot, protein coffee drink (any coffee you like + protein + cream/milk), chicken chunks, cubed cheese, cherry tomatoes on a skewer with mustard to dip, banana with PB + a bit of trail mix sprinkled on top, cottage cheese and fruit, ham or turkey lunch meat + string cheese or laughing cow and a pickle rolled up, string cheese and tomatoes, watermelon always lol.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Flavored rice cakes, Popchips, Kind bars, hummus and guacamole cups.

Don't know if there's a TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshalls near you, but at the registers they usually have a treasure trove of variety packs of snacks- dried fruits, granola bars, Kind bars, biscotti, Asian rice crackers, tortillas, nuts, quinoa snacks, etc. I pick one up every week and keep one on my desk at work for when a craving hits.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i like putting a few frozen raspberries in a container with some vanilla yoghurt as my "dessert". would probably work with greek yoghurt too but i'm not a huge fan of it.

other than that i'm hella boring and eat fruit for my snacks lol.
  • suryoyo85
    suryoyo85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here's mine

Seaweed/ kale chips
    Greek yogurt ( low sugar)
    Boiled egg
    Fruit salad ( small boil the pick at )
    Veggie sticks with hummus
    Plain popcorn
    I won't say cheese slices or strings , waste of cal unless it's cottage
    Almonds up to 7!