Anyone else have trouble meeting the calories??

Options
What do you guys do? I eat til I'm satisfied, and I'm very good at logging my calories, but I'm always under my goal. My weight hasn't budged in a couple weeks so I'm worried I'm eating too few.. I've had a lot of trouble with way over eating in the past.

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    If you haven't lost weight you are not under. There's a good chance the log is not very accurate.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the problem of NOT meeting my calorie goal :)
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you were/are overweight, then how are you feeling so full that you cannot meet your calories? There are many calorie dense food, such as nuts, that just a handle will add a few hundred calories. It's normal to not feel very hungry for one or two days but the majority of your days just as one day you might go slightly over, you should be meeting your calorie goal.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Glad that you are very good at logging your calories.
    Are you using a digital scale for all solids and semi solids, and measuring cups and spoons for liquids- including oils and dressings?

You could well be eating more than you think if you are going off package labels and cups for solid foods.

Check the accuracy of the entries you use in MFP too. Use ones that are USDA, or look up USDA for fresh foods. ie: chicken breast, raw, skinless, boneless, USDA.
    For packages check the MFP entry against the package. The package will be correct, quite a few products change the ingredients depending on country. Weigh the packaged food too- it can be off up to 20%.

Revue your logging and see if it can be improved.

Cheers, h.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have that problem not meeting close to my goals.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have had a few days I was under and quite full , I added a little extra fat and protein by having some cheese and a piece of meat . most days I have been a bit under ,but not enough top get the warning message that I did not eat enough ( have only got that twice ) and I am using digital scales and measuring accurately. to feel full on fewer calories requires choosing nutrient and fiber rich low calorie foods , steamed vegetables,raw vegetables ,baked sweet potato ,berries, bananas In small servings , boiled or roast in small servings ,baked fish, lean roast pork loin , poached chicken ,poached eggs ,fritatas . I am only going on day 10 but I am surprised I am not hungry all the time as the diet that got me to my 226 lbs was a bit over indulgent I thought UI was eating healthy but portion control was lacking .