Went over calories for the day

Options
I ate a biscuit ham and egg sandwich a grilled hamburger and a regular size m&m mc flurry

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How far over? Did you eat other meals?
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No other meal
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    How far over then?
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Your still in a calorie deficit then.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    If you're only 60 cals over your calorie goal, I would expect that MFP would still predict that you would lose weight if you ate like that everyday for five weeks?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »

Your still in a calorie deficit then.

Yep, that too!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water and go outside and take a walk . 60 calories is easy to burn off
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    60 calories is a short walk. Honestly, the inherent unreliability of calorie counting means that in reality, you're probably over or under by at least that on any given day in any event.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not going over your maintenance calories you're...fine. In fact, you're fine anyway. It's one day. I think I'd be disappointed if I went over on a burger without a nice beer to go along with it though. ;)

60 calories is nothing. Like others are saying your probably still in a deficit.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Going over mfp calories is not going over maintenance. Even going over maintenance for one day won't make much difference (unless you went over maintenance by 3500 calories.

60 cals is nothing.
  • jmolivia
    jmolivia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like enough calories. Just my 2 cents.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    Options
    Since you are presumably set at a deficit you may want to add some vegetables and fruits to balance out your meals and have a maintenance day as opposed to fretting over the exact size of your deficit.

You will also note by looking at the caloric counts that it is easier to fit a vanilla cone or a snack size McFlurry (but really for the price you're better off getting the cone unless you have a 2:1 coupon for the McFlurry) into your calories for the day without crowding out as much other filling and nutritious items that would complement your McD's.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    To gain weight you have to eat over your maintenance weight.

To find out your maintenance weight add 250 cal for each half pound you set your diary to lose on to the amount MFP has given you.
    So if MFP has given you 1400 calories to eat and you are set to lose 1lb a week you can eat 1900 calories and not gain weight.

To gain weight you have to eat over that amount, 3500 calories = 1lb of fat gain.

Now you might get a small gain due to the water needed to process the higher sodium level in what you ate but it will be temporary.

I over ate on Saturday by 1800 calories, I'm not worried one bit. Just get back to eating at your calorie target.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,001 Member
    Options
    I eat over by 60 or more many days.

Balanced out with 60 or less other days.

As long as your weekly amount is round about where it should be you will lose (or maintain or gain or whatever your goal is set to )
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    60 calories over is not worth worrying about. I have been over 200 a few days and can still loose. Try not to beat yourself up about a tiny amount