Have anyone tried the chicken burgers from trader joes?

Options
They are soooooo yummy. So flavored I don't put anything them. They're in the frozen food section. They are called chili lime chicken burgers. Here are the nutrition facts. 300g sodium, 150 calories, 19g protein and only 2.5g of fat. Also has iron, fiber,vitamins. So yum.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I miss Trader Joe's. D: I moved to a town that had one, but then quit my job and moved back home, which doesn't have one.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i don't typically go to trader joe's but if i do i'll be sure to look for them, they sure look good from the photo.
    ecqgynj71dfv.jpg
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Ooh thanks for the tip! I usually just grab the frozen turkey burgers but I will have to keep an eye out for these.
    I miss Trader Joe's. D: I moved to a town that had one, but then quit my job and moved back home, which doesn't have one.

I missed Trader Joe's when I moved away too :( But on their site, you can "request" a store in your town and I did that for my old city) it made me feel a tiny bit better lol.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Apparently you can't bake them in the oven? The instructions didn't include oven so I put them back. (Yes, I really can't cook.)

• Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    They are soooooo yummy. So flavored I don't put anything them. They're in the frozen food section. They are called chili lime chicken burgers. Here are the nutrition facts. 300g sodium, 150 calories, 19g protein and only 2.5g of fat. Also has iron, fiber,vitamins. So yum.

Ive had them in my freezer for months and im wondering if they went bad....Did you just cook them on the stovetop?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Apparently you can't bake them in the oven? The instructions didn't include oven so I put them back. (Yes, I really can't cook.)

You probably can. I bake stuff in the oven all of the time that doesn't have oven instructions. lol. Especially, veggie burgers (I'm a vegetarian).
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

Ive had them in my freezer for months and im wondering if they went bad....Did you just cook them on the stovetop?

Check the date, no? Hopefully there is one.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options

You can cook pretty much anything in the oven. Looks like these can go in anything: microwave, oven, toaster oven, stove top.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options

Now, see, to me using the oven IS baking. It's microwave or bust, bayyyyyyyyybe.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    regpark85 wrote: »
    i don't typically go to trader joe's but if i do i'll be sure to look for them, they sure look good from the photo.
    ecqgynj71dfv.jpg

They are sooo good
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options

It's easy .just cook them in a skillet with a drop of oil. Very easy.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options

Yes in a skillet with a drop of oil
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Verity1111 wrote: »

I checked on them last night to see if there was any freezer burn and there isnt and I looked all over the box for an expiration date and there isnt any marked! Maybe I'll just give it a try this weekend. Do you have to let it thaw or can you do it straight from the freezer?
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    They're delicious. I put them in the broiler, then serve them on TJs Artisan Ciabatta Rolls (about 110 calories each) with veggies and Bolthouse Dressing (35 to 50 calories depending on flavor).
  • jghirschhorn
    jghirschhorn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made them in the microwave at work. 3.5 minutes on 70% and they were good to go.
  • debbiemuz
    debbiemuz Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I go straight from the freezer to the skillet. Medium heat and done quickly. I make mine with avocado or guac and laughing cow wedge on a high protein English muffin. Yum!
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I used to eat these but the ones at Costco (I think they are Amy's chicken burgers with onion and some Gouda) are far better. I broil them about 5 minutes each side and ready.
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options

Verity1111 wrote: »

I checked on them last night to see if there was any freezer burn and there isnt and I looked all over the box for an expiration date and there isnt any marked! Maybe I'll just give it a try this weekend. Do you have to let it thaw or can you do it straight from the freezer?

I cook them frozen. No problems.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Oh I seen those but I think I have not picked them up because I saw gluten in them. :/ I will have to double check because sometimes I get tired of turkey burgers.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Mahdi Mahdi burgers from tjs 110 cal a patty