Negative thoughts

Options
Beating myself up today for a indulgent 3 day weekend. Hard to get back on track when I talk so horribly to myself. Do you do this? How do you stop? How do you convince yourself that you're not all the things you tell yourself that you are?

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    All you can do is put it behind you and be less indulgent this week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what would you tell a friend who said they'd over indulged at the weekend?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't get on and off track. I indulge, but sensibly, every day. I never beat myself up for eating. I know my brain is an *kitten* sometimes, so I just try to ignore the lowest insults.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Log it honestly, learn from it, and move on. :)
  • draejess
    draejess Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I'd tell them to refocus and start again. Easier said than done. I really just need to suck it up and get over the pity party.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    draejess wrote: »

I'd tell them to refocus and start again. Easier said than done. I really just need to suck it up and get over the pity party.

no one said it was easy, but thinking about what you woudl say to someone else may help with the negative self talk...
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Log it and do some math. You can eat a *kitten* ton of food and it doesn't have a huge impact in the grand scheme of things. Understanding your weekly deficit and learning to view weight loss in the long-term (monthly averages, slow losses, etc) is a HUGE advantage and has done wonders for my mentality with overeating.

As far as saying bad things to yourself... just stop. Watch a funny movie or do something that makes you happy, but get over it.
  • draejess
    Options
    draejess wrote: »

no one said it was easy, but thinking about what you woudl say to someone else may help with the negative self talk...

That's true. I need to be more of a "friend" to myself
  • draejess
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Log it and do some math. You can eat a *kitten* ton of food and it doesn't have a huge impact in the grand scheme of things. Understanding your weekly deficit and learning to view weight loss in the long-term (monthly averages, slow losses, etc) is a HUGE advantage and has done wonders for my mentality with overeating.

As far as saying bad things to yourself... just stop. Watch a funny movie or do something that makes you happy, but

I like this. Thanks.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I can relate. I had two indulgent weekends in May. I logged everything the best I could. Then made sure I stayed focused the rest of the week with my CI on track and adding a little extra time to my CO. I try to look at the week in total for my calories. I have my week set to Saturday thru Friday so I can be even on my total calories by the time the end of the week rolls around.

I even logged something for the slug of mystery pirate grog at the Jimmy Buffet tailgate. And the jello shots. And some of the best damn Gazpacho I've ever had; definitely the best I have ever had from a stranger in a parking lot.
    edited to fix the 'week'
  • draejess
    Options
    I just choked on my coffee a little - thanks for the Tuesday morning chuckle :)