Premier protein shakes

Options
I bought the caramel ones the other day and they are pretty good especially the macros! 30 grams protein for only 160 calories. Anyone else drink these and if so what other flavors would you recommend? I'm wondering how the banana cream is...

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've only had vanilla and it's super yummy. I like to have plain or add to iced coffee.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I take the chocolate and blend it with a banana and 1/3 up blueberries and amazing
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I get the variety pack of Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream, & Vanilla on Amazon. I love them all! The vanilla is super good with iced coffee. I've wanted to try the caramel and banana cream! Good to know you like the caramel, I might pick it up this week!
  • kristinzilka
    kristinzilka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I prefer the chocolate and vanilla. I add a couple of teaspooons of instant coffee granules and blend with ice.

I found the caramel to be too sweet for my tastes.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I do like the caramel ones. The rest I merely tolerate. However, I stopped buying them almost completely because of the cost and use EAS whey concentrate instead.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I do like the caramel ones. The rest I merely tolerate. However, I stopped buying them almost completely because of the cost and use EAS whey concentrate instead.

yeah they are quite pricey...
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I pick them up when they have the 18 pack on sale for $18 at Costco - then they're pretty cost effective. So far I've tried the vanilla, chocolate and banana and enjoyed them all. Caramel sounds yummy, hope Costco carries them sometime!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Chocolate ones are great.. and get them at Costco if you can, huge discount vs the regular store.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I just like vanilla and blend with ice and fruit - or chocolate with ice and a banana. Yum!
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Be careful with Protein Powders, some contain fillers with little or no value to an athlete,the practice is called Amino Spiking. There was a class action suit about this practice but I don't know what became of it. Meanwhile there is a list of come common brands and their % protein content on the web. A web search of "Amino Spiking" will show that some brands have 90% protein and others are below 16%. Manufacturers defend the practice by saying that they are in compliance with all FDA guidelines. May be better to stick with eggs, legumes, lean meats and dairy as it's a little hard to spike them.