Salad and cold meat

Options
LilOldWineDrinker
LilOldWineDrinker Posts: 14 Member
I have a medical issue where I tend to eat the same foods over and over and at the moment I'm stuck on hummus, cold meat and salad. While it's doing my weight loss wonders, I'm looking for more low calorie lunch and dinner ideas, if anyone has any tried and tested recipes too, I'd be very grateful x

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Tuna, egg whites, grilled vegetables, potato, fruit, oatmeal, pork loin

That sounds like the worst recipe ever! Does it come out like a fishy, meaty, fruity, pancake like Spanish omelette? :D

@OP when you say "medical issue where I tend to eat the same foods over and over" do you mean you get very focused on eating the same thing or you have allergies/restrictions to things you can't eat?

• annabel92
    annabel92 Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I make Chicken Fajita lunch bowls in advance to take to work, and they can be eaten cold or hot.

I eat them cold for ease and they're really good and filling! If you're heating it up, make sure it's piping due to the chicken and rice.

Makes 4 servings, around 251 calories per serving

2 chicken breasts
    Fajita seasoning - you can buy this ready made or I combine spices myself (hot chilli powder, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, cumin, paprika, pepper)
    125g of basmati or long grain rice
    1 red pepper
    1/2 red onion
    1 can of sweetcorn
    1 tsp olive oil
    Cucumber slices

All you have to do is flatten the chicken and season with the oil and spices, and put in the oven for 25 minutes at 170c (fan). Leave to cool.

Cook the rice (about 15 minutes) and leave to cool. Make sure that the rice isn't at room temperature for long - I cool it down in cold water.

Dice the onion and pepper, add in the tinned sweetcorn and mix together with the rice.

Then you can seperate into 4 servings, along with 1/2 chicken breast for each day and some cucumber slices.

• LilOldWineDrinker
    LilOldWineDrinker Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @OP when you say "medical issue where I tend to eat the same foods over and over" do you mean you get very focused on eating the same thing or you have allergies/restrictions to things you can't eat?

[/quote]

I tend to hyperfocus on the same foods over and over, easy to pull together, fills me up and tastes good... I know I need a more varied diet but I find it so difficult to think of anything. I'm not allergic to any foods :)