all this talk about sodas

Options
or cokes as we call them in the south. im trying to avoid all cokes diet regular and zeros. i have been drinking alot of sweetened tea. i know it has sugar in it but is it better than "coke". also what type of green tea is beat. i tried one kind and cant not stand the taste.

Replies

• minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    i have the same problem. My mom just bought vitamin water at Costco...it's soo good and really low in sugar. The raspberrie tea is really good!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hot tea or maybe buying the tea bags and making sun tea with them? I love green tea but all the powdered mixes and bottled stuff like Lipton tastes like crap to me. I usually buy green tea bags and will soon start purchasing loose tea leaves to make tea with.
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We just tried the Lipton - Green Tea, Super fruit Purple Acai and Blueberry and I didn't add as much sugar as I usually do in our sweet tea and we all loved it. I don't like the regular green tea but love this it has a really good flavor.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Tea is my life lol...There's a berry green tea I like to drink, if you don't like the flavor of green tea try a white tea it's a bit less bitter. Also it's VERY important you don't leave the tea bag in too long it makes it extremely bitter. Try adding dried apple or any fruits to your tea it's really yummy =]
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    We just tried the Lipton - Green Tea, Super fruit Purple Acai and Blueberry and I didn't add as much sugar as I usually do in our sweet tea and we all loved it. I don't like the regular green tea but love this it has a really good flavor.

I saw that in the store and wasn't too sure about the taste, good to know it has good flavor :-) Now I will have to try it :-)
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I weaned myself off cokes. I started by switching from regular, to diet, then gradually switched out 1 water per coke a day. Now I only drink cokes when I have a migraine, or as a special treat (my migraines went wayyy down in frequency since I quit too!)
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS TEA, I drink it black so I take little sips and don't eat as much :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I've heard that drinking green tea helps with weight loss!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    people in the south call all sodas cokes? even if it's a sprite or something? I never knew that
  • ssaemblog
    ssaemblog Posts: 11
    Options
    I've never heard "cokes" unless it was about an actual coke\cola. I've always heard "soda" and/or the name of the actual drink.
  • tiger7171
    tiger7171 Posts: 17
    Options
    i do make sun tea just add sugar to it.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm from Michigan it's "pop" here.

I have given up the diet cokes. I will still get one occasionally when out, but I have to be careful. For me it is my one addiction and I very easily slip back into a daily drinker. I like sun tea I make at home. That helps with satisfying my caffeine issue, as I am not a coffee drinker. But I don't like getting tea out, you never know what it will be. I have had some nasty bitter teas. I also try to avoid any of the powder mixes as they either have natural sugars or artificial sweeteners in them, which is part of why I am giving up the diet cokes. Lately I just take my water everywhere I go. I however don't like to buy bottled water, but that is another whole issue of mine. lol
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Tazo Green Tea is my fave.... it has mint and lemongrass in it too which changes the flavor to something more yummy :love:
    Also, try Good Earth Original Sweet & Spicy Tea.... doesn't even need sugar. Makes an awesome sun tea!
  • lindsaylove07
    Options
    people in the south call all sodas cokes? even if it's a sprite or something? I never knew that

I'm in Texas, and everything is coke, grape coke is the same thing as a welch's grape soda. In most places, you say "can I get a coke?" and the waitress says, "what kind"
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Yep they ask do you want a coke? and then ask you what kind?
    All pop/soda is coke no matter if its a pepsi
  • little_gothic_girl
    little_gothic_girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lol Texas here too... when i would go to Michigan as a child, i never could understand why the waitress would bring me coca cola every time i tried to order a "coke" lol
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I've heard that drinking green tea helps with weight loss!

It's supposed to help suppress appetite and I find it does me for at least. When i drink enough.

I brew my green tea cold (but you have to be very careful because it's VERY fast when cold. It usually only takes a minute or two) and I drink it many ways. I add lemon/lime/orange juice, (one, two or all three at once) but currently I'm drinking it with a flavoured herbal tea bag (right now I have peach raspberry herbal tea with it I think) and I just mix up a pitcher at the beginning of the day and keep my glass filled all day long.

The green tea I'm using now is Tetley. I've never been a fan of Lipton teas...
  • TyHobbit
    TyHobbit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you still crave that fizzle one thing you might try is get a personal carbonation machine. Then you can personally know what you put in it. They sell them all over the place now-a-days. You can get 'em at Target and Walmart.

Also I've heard of one soda call Zevia. It's sweetened with Stevia, which from everything I've heard is the lesser of evils in artificial sweeteners. I've tried a few myself and I must say they satisfy the pallet.
  • lindsaylove07
    Options
    lol Texas here too... when i would go to Michigan as a child, i never could understand why the waitress would bring me coca cola every time i tried to order a "coke" lol

The word "pop" bugs me to no end, I haaaate it, it might be the accent it's said with, but it makes my soul ache!
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    I was wondering what kinds of teas were appetizing too. I don't drink soda much anymore, except for ginger ale now and then. I'm sticking to water and coffee in the morning. Maybe if I find a great tasting tea, I'll start that too! I'm going to have so many choices when I go to the supermarket now because of this thread haha.