Looking for friends that are 40 and over

Options

Replies

• spartanhollis
    spartanhollis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    julier1991 wrote: »
    Hi all! I am looking for friends that are 40 and over. I am 45 in May and this weight isn't coming off as fast as it use to. Looking for others with this same problem! Julie Ebenstein

GUURLLL: it's sad and depressing what happens to us as we get old. I'm 47, 48 in July. My body changed at 36 and then again @ 46 ☹️. But I keep fighting because I'm not my mother's 47. There is no way she could squat heavy, climb up a rope, do a MURPH workout, do a Spartan Beast obstacle course race, etc. Our generation has evolved what a 40-something looks like and is capable of! Keep going! It's all a state of mind. This is the only body we'll ever have. Cherish your temple ❤️
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 May 1st
  • deirdremill
    deirdremill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    43 - from 100 pounds to 150, so much more difficult to lose!!!!! Mother of 2, one is special needs I don't know how you mamas do it! Trying!!
  • ZenZeta
    ZenZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hitting the big 4-0 in August, and YES... weight tends to hang on to you once you reach a certain age. I wish I had my 25-year-old body again, but will keep the 40-year-old brain!!!
  • ZenZeta
    ZenZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will be 43 on Thursday and I've been trying to lose weight for over a couple months now. I have two jobs at the moment and I am just so tired that I don't even want to exercise anymore. I would love to have the motivation and the help to lose the 30 pounds and any recommendations would be awesome.

I feel your pain. I used to be a gym rat, but LIFE happened, and I had to get a second job to support my aging father in an Assisted Living facility. It's SOOOO hard, but it CAN be done.

The only thing that has worked for me is to MAKE myself go to the gym, and the only way I was able to do that was come in early to my full time job and work out during lunch (gym closeby) two weekdays and a weekend day. It's not ideal, but it forces me to stay focused in the gym due to my need to get back to work (keeps the heart rate up to). On Saturdays, I visit Dad. Run errands with Dad. Clean Dad's room (the staff does NOT do a good job), then go to the gym before I head to my second job. It's like the clock is my accountability partner and motivator.

I'm pretty tired most of the time, but I've been consistent for about a month. Once you find your groove, it isn't so bad. Plan...plan...plan and stick to it.

• jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me

45+ and struggling
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 41 in July. Please add me
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Me too! 45 and I'd like friends for accountability, sharing ideas, successes and struggles.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • kverenat
    kverenat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    41. It definitely had gotten tougher. Feel free to add me!
  • tinafaye13
    tinafaye13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and I'm finding it a lot slower to lose it, ugh. I lost around 65lbs before I turned 40. Now I've gained 40 back. I get so frustrated
  • iwtbt170
    iwtbt170 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    42 here...my diary is not open just yet, been bouncing back and forth with the weight..just getting back into the "groove " once I get a rythem down I will forsure open it up!! Feel free to add me :)
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    41 add me
  • CaliEmz
    CaliEmz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!..You are more than welcome to add me!. I have an open diary & log on every day :smiley:
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @julier1991 Hi there! :smile: 56 years young, 57 on the 13th, female here. I got into a slump after losing 86 lbs. You know the routine, gaining some back, losing some of what you gained, gaining that back, and on and on it goes! LOL :smiley: I decided to start Keto on 6/2/2017, and by 6/7/2017, I was down 12.4 lbs. AMAZING! :smiley: I can hardly wait to see what I weigh tomorrow. :smile: Please feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like. :wink: Michelle
  • scoob1sue
    scoob1sue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    julier1991 wrote: »
    Hi all! I am looking for friends that are 40 and over. I am 45 in May and this weight isn't coming off as fast as it use to. Looking for others with this same problem! Julie Ebenstein

I'm in! 47 and having a ridiculously hard time losing this time around. Heavier than I've been in years and desperate for friends and motivation to help!
  • KarySalsera2523
    KarySalsera2523 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im gonna be 44 in September. Add me if you like motivation
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and weigh the most I have in my life. Scary to think about actually, started a new job in January and have gained 10lbs since then. Started going back to the gym and joined a summer slim down challenge to keep me motivated! anyone can add me if they wish
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 47 and having the same problem