Here we go...

Options
I've been putting off doing anything like this for some time now. I am ashamed about how much weight Ive gained in the last year and Ive been in serious denial. This past weekend I was at me nieces baptism and when I loaded the pics to my computer I was very upset with how big I was. I guess looking in the mirror and seeing a photo are really different perspectives.

So here I go, trying to get back down to my weight from 2009 of 125lbs. I am starting at 169.5, so I have a ways to go. I do not feel as well as I used to and am tired all of the time. My goal is to lose about a half pound to a pound a week.

Looking forward to meeting you all on my journey and hearing about yours!

A

Replies

• sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome! Would love to help motivate and support you! Add me if you'd like! :happy:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    seeing a pic of myself also got me to start up on here. I gained about 25lbs over a year or two after college and have also been in denial about it. But down 6lbs since starting on here 1 month ago....so we can do this!!!!!
  • jknight73
    jknight73 Posts: 5
    Options
    I can relate! My husband and I went to a friend's wedding and the pictures were awful! I mean shockingly awful! So that was it for me...apparently I see myself way smaller in the mirror. Ugh! Anyway, not necessarily interested in being a particular size but I want to be healthy and not tired all the time and I want things to be easier to do...like hiking, or riding my horse. This website so far has been a huge help. I'm only on week rwo but this definately seems like something I can keep up with. Being accountable and knowing what you're really putting in your mouth and making you think about it seems to be helping me and my husband out alot! Girl you can do it!!!!