Wii and Wii Fit?

Options
Anyone use Wii/Wii Fit?

I'm looking at them on line (pretty pricey).

Very curious to know if you enjoy the work outs and if it actually yields results?

Thanks!
Lisa

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as well. I have a Wii - that I have used twice ever. But I don't have the Wii Fit and wondering if it's worth it?
  • lizbanks
    lizbanks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit more for my off days than anything. Its not enough of a challenge for me anymore. It was great to start with but I need more now. It does offer some really good strength and yoga exercises. And if you use the balance exercises properly, you can start strengthening your core.
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    i love mine especially the dance games lol x
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit, it is nice for the days it's too hot to go outside or just want a low-impact type of workout. Although i'm pretty competitive and there are a couple of the games that I keep trying to pass (the obstacle course one) and that one gets me going pretty good. LOL They also have a plank/sit up & push up challenges, those are kinda fun.

My son also has the tony hawk game and boy that one will work your legs! I've also heard that Gold's Gym has a workout "game" for the Wii, I've never tried it but have heard good things. :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level.

When I was 246 and out of shape, it was enough to get me to sweat.

65 pounds later it's just a toy that my kids and I use.

tim
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii that I hardly EVER use. Maybe you can look into the XBox Kinect. Those games are a lot of fun for adults and kids and are a lot more active than the Wii games. The Wii fit is good but ends up getting boring after awhile. I did it for about a month and then got sick of it. Hope this helps
  • fallingrock
    Options
    Agreed to get your feet wet or when going outside to exercise is not an option wii,wii fit is the way to go. Those of you near a planet fitness you can not go wrong for 10.00 a month.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    never tried Wii fit but i use my Wii for Zumba and just dance 2 as a workout.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Anyone use Wii/Wii Fit?

I'm looking at them on line (pretty pricey).

Very curious to know if you enjoy the work outs and if it actually yields results?

Thanks!
    Lisa

I have it and enjoy it, but I didn't lose much weight using it. It's a lot of fun though and does give you exercise. I'd recommend Zumba Wii instead if you are looking for a good calorie burn.
  • alliebabiee
    alliebabiee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love playing the Just Dance games.
    It's a good change from exercise equipment.
    I personally recommend those games, if you can keep up.
    They have songs for most genre and decades, like 80s, 90s, maybe the 70s.
    They keep you coming back by song interest and wanting to finally ace a song with perfect dance moves.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I love the wii fit, but no, it's not a good work out tool. It' a fun way to do a little bit of excercie when you're not in the mood for proper excercise. it's a lot of fun, but not good for anything except the yoga and mucle work outs. Oh and the jogging, I love my wii fit jogging.
  • tdc7591
    tdc7591 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have the Wii fit. i use it mostly to keep track of my weight because it gives you a nice graph of your weight loss. as for the exercises, they are alright but they usually don't get me sweating.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The Wii fit and Wii fit games are WAY too easy, fun to do with kids or just to play around and get moving...but not great exercise. What I do love is my Zumba Wii game! I work up a HUGE sweat with that one, and I can TELL that I have used and exercised parts of my body...but of couse, Zumba and dance games like it are not for everyone...so you would just have to determine whether or not you thought it was worth it! :)
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

In my opinion Wii Fit is rubbish.

EA sports Active is very good (and a lot cheaper). I started using it regularly when I started this in Jan, and then when I felt more confident started including some fitness classes as well. Wii Zumba is also very good.

I've lost 50+ lbs and reached my goal this week and would certainly say that Wii has helped in that :bigsmile:

Wendy
  • PlanetVelma
    Options
    dam double post! LOL
  • PlanetVelma
    Options
    never tried Wii fit but i use my Wii for Zumba and just dance 2 as a workout.

My kids have Just Dance 2 and it is a lot of fun!
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    It seems to me that the Wii is less of a "rage" than it was a couple of years ago. I'd ask some friends or take a look at Craig's List to see if you can get a second hand one a little cheaper than buying it brand new online.

I did that, and we're going to get one handed down one soon from my brother. His kids are a little bit older and since he works in the gaming industry, they have pretty much every console known to man. He has told me that the Wii is good for littler kids (which I have) and hopefully me since it seems to have exercise focused games.
  • amyvic4686
    amyvic4686 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'd definitely advise buying the Wii, even if you don't get the Wii Fit.
    Wii Fit is good for a light workout. I really enjoy doing it for the jogging and for the tennis. I don't find it intense enough though.
    I'd recommend the Just Dance games and the Zumba workouts.
    To me any movement, is a good movement so even half hour on it is better than doing nothing at all. I try to squeeze just that in a few times a week if I know I can't fit anything else in exercise wise.
  • tbeaner79
    tbeaner79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus but have found that the Wii isn't as motion sensitive as I'd like it to be. I've seen some great demos and heard great things about the Kinect for the Xbox 360.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Im borrowing a Wii fit and find that it's hard to do with a toddler...I really only try to get on it on the weekends...and it's a lot of fun when i can stay on it longer than 5 minutes! I agree, it would be great for a super hot day that you don't want to get outside!