High Protein Food Ideas

Options
Slianad
Slianad Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys! So I am struggling to hit my protein macros and stay under my carb macros. I need new ideas for food with high protein and low carbs.
Thanks!

Replies

• princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    chicken breast/thighs (skinless boneless), any fish (tuna, tilapia, etc.), lean ground turkey/beef, beef rump roast, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whey protein, egg whites, so many good options.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    high protein - shrimp, chicken, pork for meats are my go-to (also low in fat); higher in fat - steaks like ribeye/chuck (about 50/50 protein/fat)
  • Slianad
    Options
    regpark85 wrote: »
    chicken breast/thighs (skinless boneless), any fish (tuna, tilapia, etc.), lean ground turkey/beef, beef rump roast, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whey protein, egg whites, so many good options.

Thank you! I eat most of those. I eat a lot of chicken, cottage cheese, and Greek yogurt. I have vega one for protein and I love that. I don't really like whey protein. I haven't tried beef rump roast though! And I need to get back into eating fish! Thank you for all the great ideas!

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I eat 0% greek yogurt or eggs for breakfast.
    Tuna or chicken at lunch.
    Fish or meat for dinner with veggies.

• Slianad
    Options

Thank you! Those are some great recipes!
  • Slianad
    Options
    high protein - shrimp, chicken, pork for meats are my go-to (also low in fat); higher in fat - steaks like ribeye/chuck (about 50/50 protein/fat)

How do you normally cook your shrimp? I love shrimp but Im never sure how to cook it!
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    Slianad wrote: »

Thank you! Those are some great recipes!

np, love to help
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

How do you normally cook your shrimp? I love shrimp but Im never sure how to cook it!

I keep it simple - season with a bit of salt/pepper or Mrs. Dash (garlic and herb), a little bit of olive oil (or you can even use the spray kind) - then sauté it - takes about 5-10min - that with sweet potato is a go-to meal for me
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I found a protein powder @ the grocery store (haven't tried it yet), Quest Protein Powder. 100 calories, 20g protein. I bought a packet to try because it's low in potassium (75 mg), as I struggle with high potassium levels. Most high protein foods (except eggs and cottage cheese ~ and that's getting old) are also high in potassium.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

If it's pre-cooked at the store, you can eat it "raw." You can boil it or sautee it (in a mixture of olive oil and nonfat / low fat chicken broth to keep the calories down.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    regpark85 wrote: »

Thank you! I eat most of those. I eat a lot of chicken, cottage cheese, and Greek yogurt. I have vega one for protein and I love that. I don't really like whey protein. I haven't tried beef rump roast though! And I need to get back into eating fish! Thank you for all the great ideas!

How much protein are you trying to eat?
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I don't usually like shrimp but recently I grilled it for tacos and it was amazing! I sprayed a piece of foil with olive oil spray and grilled the shrimp on top of it. I think I just used my normal homemade taco seasoning but you could use whatever you like :)