My June Challenge (feel free to join me)

Options
tiasasem
tiasasem Posts: 5 Member
I decided to do my own June 6-week challenge to break my plateau / starting from may 29th, ending on july 2nd. I'm gonna try:
-eat as clean as possible - more protein, fruit and veggies
-eat 5 small meals a day
-exercise more and move more in general (1hour of stationary bike a day /4-5x a week + walks when I can)
-add some streinght workouts and yoga to my routine for about 10min a day /1-2x a week
-1 cup of green tea a day
-min. 2liters of water a day (aiming for 3liters or more)

CW (may 29th) : 94,6kg (208lbs)
GW (july 2nd) : 90kg (198lbs)

FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AND JOIN MY CHALLENGE

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I will ask the following:

Why "clean"...it's not what you eat it's how much you eat.
    Why 5 a day? it's not relevant when you get your calories only how many.
    Exercise is not a bad idea but if you are using this site as it's designed you eat those calories back anyway so if anything it may make you gain a bit due to water retention...
    Green tea??? is that because you like it?

Water helps but you don't need more than 2 litres a day unless you are in an area of high heat/humidity.

If you are really in a plateau it's because you are eating at maintenance and the only thing that will help that is to log accurately to know exactly how much you are eating...and to do that you need a food scale and log everyday everything you eat.
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!
    Cw:189
    Gw:175
  • kerrre
    kerrre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will join too. I need some motivation.
    CW: 173
    GW: 163
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Exercise is not a bad idea but if you are using this site as it's designed you eat those calories back anyway so if anything it may make you gain a bit due to water retention...

Water helps but you don't need more than 2 litres a day unless you are in an area of high heat/humidity.

If you are really in a plateau it's because you are eating at maintenance and the only thing that will help that is to log accurately to know exactly how much you are eating...and to do that you need a food scale and log everyday everything you eat.

Easy answer - Because she wants to eat according to these parameters. No explanation necessary. She just WANTS to.

She's selling it as a challenge for others to do too, though.

Anyway, OP, there's a Challenge section where you may get more takers.

I'm part of a running (holiday to holiday) challenge where you set your own goals. I like that approach.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Easy answer - Because she wants to eat according to these parameters. No explanation necessary. She just WANTS to.

But as mentioned if she wants me or others to join her there should be a reason for the parameters...

And perhaps if more people understood that not all parameters are valid for weight loss then they would have an easier time of it and not hit "plateaus"
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Yep. It's not as if she said this needs to be done or you should do this. Simply I'm doing it, let me know if you would like to join me.

But this is MFP. Pick, pick, pick.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Yep. It's not as if she said this needs to be done or you should do this. Simply I'm doing it, let me know if you would like to join me.

But this is MFP. Pick, pick, pick.

Or perhaps I asked to ensure that it was being done by choice not because the OP thought they had to eat clean to lose weight (which they don't) or that the OP thought they had to exercise etc.

But you are correct this is MFP...and the two posts I quoted after mine could be seen at pick pick pick as well...smh.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

But as mentioned if she wants me or others to join her there should be a reason for the parameters...

And perhaps if more people understood that not all parameters are valid for weight loss then they would have an easier time of it and not hit "plateaus"

Those are her parameters for this challenge, feel free to not join.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Those are her parameters for this challenge, feel free to not join.

Oh I won't I don't hit plateaus as I understand the dynamics of weight loss and was hoping to help out...

• 34Briarwood
    34Briarwood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will join as well!
    150 lbs (current)
    140 (Goal)