Reccomendations for workout video

Background: 29, female,. 5'7, currently 215 down from 270 at highest before delivering baby 250 upon starting mfp. I'm 6 months postpartum and officially 15 less than my pre pregnancy weight. Ok so I'm at the point in my weight loss where exercise is needed so I'm not starving on my calorie allotment.and I'm a very schedule oriented person so I think some type of 30 or 60 day guided type regimine would be a good fit for me I'm just lost in the sea of choices . Id like recommendations please!

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    You should look into T25. It's 25 minutes a day and it produces good results.. Requires the minimal equipment. Really all you need is a yoga mat and a resistance band for a few of the workouts.. The rest requires no equipment.. That's my 2 cents :) Good luck in your journey!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Jessica Smith TV, Fitness Blender, & the thousands of exercise videos on YouTube.

Honestly - giving you the name of a pricey set - without knowledge of your likes, dislikes, fitness level, equipment requirements......is silly. If you hate the set, or it's too hard, that's money wasted.

TEST DRIVE workouts on-line. Figure out what your preferences are. Figure out what your fitness level is. If you are a beginner now, you won't be one for long.

I made a schedule (on a spreadsheet) for different priorities.....strength training, cardio & yoga. If it's a strength day....I do that. Some people like to mix strength with cardio....I hate that. But you need to figure those things out. I do use DVDs but it took me awhile to build up a set that I really like.

Here are a couple websites with tons of DVD info: http://www.collagevideo.com/
    http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Default.asp
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited March 2017
    I jump rope a lot, and I've been going up and down the steps at my place, and it's been helping me out a ton. Cardio is cardio! I also go on YouTube and watch videos by befit (fee!!)

My favorite video is Denise Austin Ultimate fat burn:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=52uvwCi03yE

I did buy some Jillian Michael DVDs since I've heard great things about them, but haven't opened them yet!! Also I wasn't aware but on YouTube on the befit page they also have more videos and Jillian Michael ones as well.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited March 2017
    I absolutely want to second (or third by now!) fitnessblender. I have not purchased any of their programs, but I am thinking about it for the summer. They have 4 week programs for $10 and 8 week programs for $15. Once you buy them, you keep them and can repeat them as often as you want. I think some of them have meal suggestions too, but I don't know much about that, since I eat whatever I want anyway! I believe the programs use the same workouts they provide for free on their website, but the program itself is just a structured guide on when and how to use each of the workouts to your best advantage. Otherwise, you could just browse around on their website and see what looks like fun to you!

They also have a few structured 5 day free programs that target all the muscle groups in the time period. I'm currently doing 5 day workout to burn fat and build lean muscle (day 1 here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=IR31lyaxJE4&t=2429s ) I usually repeat the 5days for a few weeks since they're relatively comprehensive and throw in walks every day in addition to the videos. It's a good way to see my progress too, since I can see how I've improved over time.

There's also a 5 day challenge for busy people (work outs for 30mins or less) and a few more. They always encourage you to only do what you can, and usually offer beginner through advanced options. I like the videos where both Kelli and Dan participate, since one will usually do the easier version of the workout, instead of just explaining what you could do. I find myself fluctuating between the easy and hard versions, even during the same move.

Other than that, I'd say look around YouTube before committing to anything, especially if you're not sure what you like yet. Plenty of options, like Jessica Smith and PopSugar, have a variety of workouts from strength to HIIT and other cardio, yoga and pilates, kickboxing (my favorite!)

Good luck, and congratulations on the loss so far! Also, don't get discouraged if your weight stalls for a little while after starting a workout program. I usually stay the same weight (or gain) for a couple of weeks, but push through! Whatever workout program you choose will definitely benefit you in the long run.
  • I do Casseys workouts on Blogilaties.com. She does a free workout calendar every month and the workouts are on YouTube.
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you guys! It sounds like I need to do some exploring and trial and error but at least I feel like I have a place to start now!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    HASFIT.com also have some great videos and their site has a 30 day plan and I think they now have a calendar option so you can do different work outs across the month so you don't get too bored. (All free)
  • NikkiiBaby68
    NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
    have you tried kettlebell?
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    I am another to recommend Fitness Blender! I usually do their programs so I don't have to think about what workout to do, and I've repeated most of them several times. I figure I would pay more for a gym membership.

They have a couple of free 5-day planned ones. On their website you can search by workout type, length, fitness level, etc. to give you a good idea of what they offer. I'm just a huge fan of theirs, for whatever reason something with their workouts resonated with me and made me enjoy exercising of all types and have been doing them consistently now for a few years and have had great results!

If you like Yoga, Yoga with Adrienne is cool too.
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    I love the Daily Burn streaming service - it has programs but also you can choose which workouts you want to do!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    I second the Beachbody programs. I finished T25 and on the last week on Insanity Max 30. Lost about 13 lbs in 5 months.
  • Biker_SuzCO
    Biker_SuzCO Posts: 54 Member
    I like fitness blender and popsugar both free xnd on YouTube.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member

This and two others I love who do routines based on time are:

Christine Salus

Brad's Live Lean TV channel is excellent and where I get most routines.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I use Fitnessblender and Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. :)
  • Its_now_or_never31
    Its_now_or_never31 Posts: 59 Member
    I worked out to Leslie Sansone's walking videos, and they are all on YouTube, she helped me lose my first 20 lbs when I couldn't do much cardio, and every now and then I still do her workouts. Good luck and have fun!!!
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Third for Beachbody! I'm loving their stuff, they have something that will appeal to almost any taste!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    My problem with Beachbody is the shilling for shakes and junk like that. And the possibility of having to interact with a "coach". *ewww*