2018 Brides to be?

Options
AshleyJW31
AshleyJW31 Posts: 26 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hey all
Ok my original post didn't save lol.
I'm getting married next June 2018 and need to lose at least 30lbs to feel good. I'm just looking for support or advice on any diets or workouts that have worked for others. I've tried isogenix but couldn't get into it. I work mainly nights so it's hard to keep my cravings at bay. I know I have a year to lose the weight I'm just worried I can't do it . Any success stories or motivation out there?

Replies

• AshleyJW31
    Options

I'm not sure if my question posted ? Lol
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting married in September 2017. I had 33 pounds I wanted to lose. So far I'm down 25. I don't know if I'll lose the last 9 before my wedding but I'm ok with that. I'm feeling so much more comfortable in my own skin and my clothes are fitting again. Add me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • AshleyJW31
    Options
    Congrats to you as well
  • AshleyJW31
    Options
    Not sure why my messages are getting cut off .... I'll add you for sure' thanks so much for the motivation ☺️
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hi! We're in a similar boat. :)

I have about 30lbs to lose for my wedding in 2018. We have not decided on a date yet, we're looking at November 2018. We're doing a destination wedding in Mexico, I am SUPER excited! :)
  • AshleyJW31
    Options
    That's amazing !! Destination weddings are so gorgeous. Did you get your dress yet??i ordered mine a size too small .... Yikes! Lol what month are you getting married in?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    AshleyJW31 wrote: »
    That's amazing !! Destination weddings are so gorgeous. Did you get your dress yet??i ordered mine a size too small .... Yikes! Lol what month are you getting married in?

I haven't ordered my dress yet, but I am absolutely in love with Chotronette dresses. If you haven't heard of them, check out the website. They're so cool and unique!

We're leaning towards November, it'll be a cheap time of year to visit and the weather should be nice. :) Just working with a travel agent to get group rates right now.

At least you have lots of time to fit into your dress, I'm sure you can do it!!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in early 2018, and at this point I probably still have 40 lbs to lose to reach my wedding goal weight. I tried to be realistic and am just aiming for a minimum of 5 lbs lost every month. The first couple of months the scale just wasn't budging much, but this month so far I'm down almost 8 lbs!

I ordered my dress already, and like you @AshleyJW31 I ordered it a size below what they recommended. My measurements were all over the place so most of my body already will fit the dress since they order at the largest measurement size, and will need to be taken in; I just need to lose at a minimum a couple of inches in the waist for the dress to fit. I'm hoping that by the time I need alterations at the end of the year the waist will end up having to be taken in quite a bit as well!

Good luck to everybody!
  • Nbaker0909
    Options
    I was between sizes when ordering mine and hadn't lost anything for about 6 months despite my efforts, so I ordered the larger size knowing my waste would need to be taken in. Well my body finally got past the plateau and I'm 4 sizes smaller than the dress I ordered now. I hope they can still make it fit
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I was really worried about that @ndevoy1 . Since I'm hoping to lose a significant amount of weight, I expressed concern when purchasing a larger size about if there's ever a point that a bride has lost too much weight that the dress can no longer be altered and you essentially need a new dress. My seamstress told me that it can always be altered down significantly, and if someone tells you that it can't be done she said find a new seamstress. She said she's once taken one down from a 14 to a 4, so that's pretty significant...so I'm trusting that she knows what she's talking about and I'm going to try and get down to as small as I can and alter away! WTG on the loss!
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15lbs in the last 6 months thanks to Intermittent Fasting while counting. It was the ONLY thing that I have found that works for me, and honestly, may not work for you. Just throwing out the idea. It helped keep my hunger pains under control, and is very easy to follow.

I have a 1500 cal limit, and only eat between 12pm and 8pm. So I do the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting version. That time window could be adjusted any way to your schedule, as long as its a 16hour fast, and 8 hour eating window. (I definitely would have been more successful if I didnt have so many "cheat" days").

Regardless, counting calories is the simplest way to lose, imo. I'm not the best at logging precisely, and don't measure my foods, but I am still losing weight. I estimate a lot, and try to choose the higher of the pre-programmed options in MFP Food Database. Even when I overeat, I log it anyway. Best part for me? I dont have to give up any particular foods. I still have been losing weight even with the occasional pizza or ice cream. That's why I had always failed before, restricting what foods I could eat. Now, this process has just become second-hand to me.

Hope this helps, and hope you can find what works for you!
  • Nbaker0909
    Options
    Thanks! I purchased a 14 and told her my goal was to get down to an 8 and would that be a problem? She told me not at all and to lose as much as I want. It also helps that I have a ball gown so they only have to alter from my hips up. Good luck girl you can do it! Let me know if you need any motivation or support