Murph!

Options
JB035
JB035 Posts: 336 Member
Any of my crossfit people do Murph today?

If so how did you do and what strategy did you use?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I mod it from injuries. 2000m Row instead of runs, ring rows for pull ups, 10 rounds 10/20/30
    42:52
  • JB035
    Options
    Sorry I should have posted mine.

Did it straight through as written.

51:36

Squats destroyed me.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Several people did it that way and it looked terrible. :) I'd love to rx it next year
  • phrobbert
    phrobbert Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't do CrossFit but my local British Military Fitness group threw a murph into a "hell week" we did at the start of the month. I only managed half the prescribed crunches (100 instead of 200) and I needed someone to keep yelling at me to get me through 100 hand-release push ups. I hate crunches, so very very much. I actually hate them more than burpees and I REALLY hate burpees!
  • JB035
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »
    I don't do CrossFit but my local British Military Fitness group threw a murph into a "hell week" we did at the start of the month. I only managed half the prescribed crunches (100 instead of 200) and I needed someone to keep yelling at me to get me through 100 hand-release push ups. I hate crunches, so very very much. I actually hate them more than burpees and I REALLY hate burpees!

@phrobbert Murph with crunches and HRPU sounds rough!
  • JB035
    Options
    I'm based in Iceland. I don't think anyone here had a Murph run today

@Girl_With_Muscles_ yeah probably not. I've heard of people rowing 2000m instead of running the mile.
  • phrobbert
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »

300 squats, 200 crunches, 100 HRPU's and a mile run on each end. 0_o I finished pretty much dead last of the entire group although to be fair, after a while everybody's form went completely to s**t. After doing all those pushups and then charging off for that last mile run I felt like my goddamn arms were about to fall off.

That wasn't actually the hardest session of the week though. Later on we had to do 100 burpees, 100 HRPU's, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and probably something else I've forgotten due to trauma. Oh, and run up a REALLY BIG HILL and back between each set. You've seen the mansion used as Wayne Manor in The Dark Knight Rises? That's where we did it.

That was a great week though.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    34:43
    Next year I'm probably going to try the vest.
  • JB035
    Options

300 squats, 200 crunches, 100 HRPU's and a mile run on each end. 0_o I finished pretty much dead last of the entire group although to be fair, after a while everybody's form went completely to s**t. After doing all those pushups and then charging off for that last mile run I felt like my goddamn arms were about to fall off.

That wasn't actually the hardest session of the week though. Later on we had to do 100 burpees, 100 HRPU's, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and probably something else I've forgotten due to trauma. Oh, and run up a REALLY BIG HILL and back between each set. You've seen the mansion used as Wayne Manor in The Dark Knight Rises? That's where we did it.

@phrobbert That's awesome, yeah I know that mansion you are talking about! Pretty cool!
  • JB035
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    34:43
    Next year I'm probably going to try the vest.

@rybo Heck of a time bud!
  • phrobbert
    Options
    @phrobbert That's awesome, yeah I know that mansion you are talking about! Pretty cool!

We're there (Wallaton Hall) 3 times a week. It's a great park.
  • spartanhollis
    spartanhollis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Did it this morning: 44:45, we did 1 mile + 100 pull ups (I did ring rows) + 200 push ups + 300 squats + 1 mile. It was amazing and exhausting.
  • JB035
    Options
    @erinhollis Great job! It is exhausting for sure! I've been in slow motion ever since.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Wow!

I have been tempted to try cross fit for the experience and to say I have tried it. So many people rave about it and those who do it are usually really fit. That session sounds insane though! No wonder cross fitters are ripped! Haha.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Last year I did it Cindy style. It was awful and could only manage 11 rounds rx because my hands were ripped to shreds so I started scaling with banded pull-ups. Didn't even get through all 20 cindys because coaches wanted everyone to get Murph done in sub 60 so after 17 or 18 rounds, I was sent out to run. Fun stuff!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Amys712 wrote: »

Wow!

I have been tempted to try cross fit for the experience and to say I have tried it. So many people rave about it and those who do it are usually really fit. That session sounds insane though! No wonder cross fitters are ripped! Haha.

there are more beginner friendly workouts available.

Crossfit isn't something magical. It just combines HIIT style training with a mix of oly lifting and cardio style lifts- and actual cardio.

FFS- you can make up your own circuit if you want. Don't be fooled by the marketing campaign that is "crossfit"
  • twistedwoman
    twistedwoman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing crossfit for 6 weeks and did murph yesterday but scaled it so did rowing instead of the th, 1600m then ring rows, press ups and squats and another row. Did it in 46m 20s and was so proud of myself. Today my arms hurt so much that I couldn't do my own bra up and struggled to get off the bed!!! Feels good though! Loving crossfit.
  • JB035
    Options
    Yeah this is not a beginner workout. It's fun in a weird sort of way. :smiley:
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    52:20. I had to do band assisted pull-ups.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Amys712 wrote: »

Wow!

there are more beginner friendly workouts available.

Crossfit isn't something magical. It just combines HIIT style training with a mix of oly lifting and cardio style lifts- and actual cardio.

FFS- you can make up your own circuit if you want. Don't be fooled by the marketing campaign that is "crossfit"

"Marketing campaign"?
    Coulda sworn you people always said it was a "cult"?