Im Linda and need friends

Options
Hi guys. I recently joined again and Im in need of some friends who can motivate me and I can motivate back. Im currently trying to lose at least 60 pounds, but my UBW is 80. I started with 209. Its a long way to go but I can do it. Feel free to add me or send me a message.

-Linda

Replies

• KimsHealthJourney
    KimsHealthJourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda!

Welcome! You can do this!! Remember it's mind over matter. One huge very important suggestion is to set SMALL GOALS and then keep changing them. Like for me, I like to set my goals at like 15-20 pound intervals. Then change my goal as I reach each one. That way it's not as high of a mountain at one time to think of tackling.

We have a wellness coordinator at my work. She told me a suggestion I thought was really a neat idea. She said take two jars. One with the number of marbles or rocks or whatever that you want to lose in it. And the other is empty as you begin. As you lose the pounds you are looking to lose, take the appropriate # of rocks or marbles from one jar to another. And when you slip and gain (because you are human and it WILL happen at times, and you just need to pick yourself up and do it again!!!), then put the appropriate # of marbles/rocks back, etc. I have thought seriously about doing that myself.

Anyways - you can do this. I will gladly be a friend!!! GOOD LUCK. JOURNAL EVERYTHING. Even when you're bad. Rewarding yourself now and then is important. This is a LIFE CHANGE, not a diet. This is a JOURNEY!!!

Best wises!
    Kim
  • LindaLov328
    LindaLov328 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for that message! and yes I tried the two jars last time and will use them again. Instead of marbles I use the colorful rocks. And I will start with small goals first like you said.
  • AminBahgat
    AminBahgat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cutting,
  • planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I am Craig you can be my friend and any other cool motivated people as well.