140 oz.

Options
AshAlvarezz
AshAlvarezz Posts: 113 Member
I'm definitely not someone who loves water, but I realized I don't drink nearly enough water daily.
Now basing it off of what I found online (weight x 67% = # of ounces daily)
So I should be drinking at least 140 oz daily; I'm on the second day of this.
I'm hoping it will stop my headaches, help my skin, weight loss etc.

I'm also curious, how much you guys personally drink daily?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't measure how much I drink. I just make sure I get enough to hydrate myself, and gauge whether it's enough by my urine color.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I drink enough so that my pee is anywhere from lemonade colored (pale yellow) to clear, which is generally a good indication that you're adequately hydrated.

Hydration requirements vary from person to person and situation to situation. Your needs will be different on a day you spend the whole day laying around the couch in the air conditioning and a day you exercise strenuously outdoors in the heat. And judging your needs off anybody else's needs isn't necessarily useful either, unless they're about the same size as you, live in a similar climate and have similar activity levels.
  • AshAlvarezz
    AshAlvarezz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I drink enough so that my pee is anywhere from lemonade colored (pale yellow) to clear, which is generally a good indication that you're adequately hydrated.

Hydration requirements vary from person to person and situation to situation. Your needs will be different on a day you spend the whole day laying around the couch in the air conditioning and a day you exercise strenuously outdoors in the heat. And judging your needs off anybody else's needs isn't necessarily useful either, unless they're about the same size as you, live in a similar climate and have similar activity levels.

No I totally understand that, I'm not basing it off of other people's water intake, I was just curious how much everyone else drinks.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I probably drink 118.3oz (7 bottles)? And I hold back. I love water. lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink 6+ litres a day, more when you include herbal tea. But that's personal preference combined with dry mouth as a side effect of medication.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ... they say half your body weight in ounces. I find my body absorbs room temp water better than ice cold. I never get that sloshy feeling like i do with ice water
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Of straight water? I might not even drink a glass per day. I drink coffee, decaf tea, diet soda, and watery veg. I'm hydrated and my pee extremely light.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I usually drink at least 160 ounces. Sometimes more if I am outside, or exercise intensely. If I drink any less, I feel thirsty and I detest that feeling. I think I just need more water than many people.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink between 1.5-2L of straight water most days, more in summer.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    130-200oz a day normally, more if I did a bigger workout or in the heat. I'm in the third trimester right now so water is my friend big time. I just have a coffee outside of this water as well.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Between 90-140 oz. Im sipping on water pretty much all day, with all my meals I drink Carbonated water, and at night before bed I have a 16 oz cup of tea.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't measure, I naturally drink quite a lot, though. I just drink all day if I have it available, and I enjoy cold water (also drink coffee and tea, both black).

I know it's a thing, but I am always puzzled by the idea that people need to force themselves to drink. Maybe if you had it near you you'd be drinking it without having to measure it out?
  • ljboswell628
    ljboswell628 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drink water, pee water. I do half my body weight on ozs. 90oz. 4-5 20 oz bottles of water. 4 if I know I've had watery foods or other drinks.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a manual labourer working in a hot humid environment there's no compelling reason whatsoever to drink that much water.

My water intake varies with the weather and my training volumes, I will rarely drink more than 1.5 litres of water a day (your fluids also come from foods - fruits & vegetables are mostly water)
  • Cmp_83
    Cmp_83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try to consume 3L daily pure water, I also use Hydro coach from the google play store to keep track, as if it's not a gym day I struggle to keep up averaging it out for the day. One thing I dislike is once I've started to pee after my first 1.5L I have to go like every 30 to 45 minsfor the next few hours. And good does contain a lot of water but don't know of a way to count this so its not a factor for me.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Cmp_83 wrote: »
    I try to consume 3L daily pure water, I also use Hydro coach from the google play store to keep track, as if it's not a gym day I struggle to keep up averaging it out for the day. One thing I dislike is once I've started to pee after my first 1.5L I have to go like every 30 to 45 minsfor the next few hours. And good does contain a lot of water but don't know of a way to count this so its not a factor for me.

if it's annoying to pee so much, why not drink less?
  • Cmp_83
    Cmp_83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

if it's annoying to pee so much, why not drink less?[/quote]

I've noticed the more water I consume the more thirsty I become. So its either hit the 3L amount or I generally won't surpass 1L for the day.
    I've tried adding a tiny bit of salt & also lemon, but it does nothing for me.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    4-6L a day... about a liter every 2 hours through the work day(a little more first thing since I drink my breakfast) and then whatever I drink with dinner,
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I probably drink 118.3oz (7 bottles)? And I hold back. I love water. lol.

Ditto