Macro precentages

Options
Do the grams by the carbs, fat, and protein,
in the ( ) mean that's how many grams you have eaten through the day? Picture is included for example. Thanks! 1jqpqbuysesg.png

Replies

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's what those numbers mean.
  • sammyjo05
    sammyjo05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I find the nutrients are a better area to view your macro total vs macro goal. The pie chart confuses the hell out of me
  • sammyjo05
    sammyjo05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I look at it that way then it says I have 43 carbs left but I'm only try to eat 20 carbs a day. Am I missing something?
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    sammyjo05 wrote: »
    If I look at it that way then it says I have 43 carbs left but I'm only try to eat 20 carbs a day. Am I missing something?

Ohh, well you are able to change your macro to your desired goal.
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you are logging exercise, it will automatically adjust your calorie/macro intake.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Where are you getting 43? Are you trying to do 20g of carbs per day? Are you keto? Just look at your grams for the day. It looks like you're roughly set to 20 and you didn't hit it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The pie chart is stupid, I never look at it. I focus on total grams.

It appears that you are set up to eat 20% carbs per day. If you are at 1200 (guessing from the numbers above), that's around 60 g. If you want 20 g, then you'd want to be at around 5% (really 6.7%). Might be easier to not worry about percentages and just watch calories and grams.