What Motivates You?

Options
2»

Replies

• JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sbantonio wrote: »
    My two kids. My wife. My friends. But this picture keeps me grounded. A good reminder that I never want to go back to the before. I did this in under a year. r35d3wcf8rjj.png
    Believe in yourself. And never let anyone tell you that you can't!

Awesome!!!! Definitely old pics to remind you of where you have been....keep it up @sbantonio
  • LovelyJ384
    LovelyJ384 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    LovelyJ384 wrote: »
    The main motivation for me is my health. Having high cholesterol at 33 yrs old sucks. So my goal is to lose the weight so my doctor can be amazed. I hate how they always tell me how obese I am.
    Plus I want to improve my self esteem and make all the ladies at my job jealous of my new body. Haha! :DB)

My hubby has high cholesterol too and he's 32. He's working on diet and exercise as well to bring it down.

You can do it! I've seen it done. Things like high BP, high cholesterol, and diabetes type 2 can be reversed with diet and exercise.

Thank you for the encouragement! This health journey is so challenging.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Lost my mother to diabetes, she actually took her last breath in my arms. At the time I was nearly 400 pounds and no doubt heading the same direction myself. Decided I will not go out like that. Today I weigh 186 pounds and I am a marathon runner.
  • speshshal2017
    speshshal2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do I start. I guess My boyfriend motivates me most I was married for 13 years to a unsupportive husband who cheated with my bestie. I gained almost 100 lbs in that relationship I lost about 30 after the divorce in 2011 I did the single thing for a while and shacking up thing cause being alone felt alone. Once I wasn't looking he found me. A man from my childhood who came to me a hot mess but as I loved him he did a complete 180 inspired me to quit smoking and start working on my health and fitness and find my spiritual self I have been working on it for almost 2 months I have lost 17 lbs and 11 in. I am in the gym 4 to 5 times a week and eating a high protein diet this week it's a rough road but having someone believe in you and support you makes all the difference.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My weight was a physical and mental hindrance. I was so sick of feeling crappy about myself. Half way there with 15kg down, fitter and stronger than ever before. Now I worry about clothes being too big rather than too small. I feel confident in what I wear and how I carry myself and it really shows. Still a way to go but totally different mental space to where I was 6 months ago.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started because someone offered to sponsor my use of a weight loss product they sell. Lost 65 pounds.
    I am currently about 25 pounds heavier than my lowest weight. I'm on here because I want to get within 10 pounds of my lowest weight ever. Having the community here and tracking my calories has been hugely helpful so far!

Looking forward to feeling more like myself by my birthday in about 6 weeks. :)