A Few Days of Inactivity

Options
Ive had a few very inactive days, at home, barely off the sofa as I've not been feeling my best, but I've stuck to my 1200 pretty well and been eating healthy, balanced meals. But I feel like I'm putting on weight. I know the solution is to get off my butt and go exercise some more, but i don't see why if my activity level is already set to sedentary and I stick to the 1200 I would be putting on weight...it's still less than maintenance!

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Have you weighed yourself? I bet you have not put on weight. When I don't workout I feel bad about myself and start to feel fat.. but in reality I have not put on any weight at all. Just a thought...
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    If you are staying at your 1200 you SHOULD be good...I was totally unable to workout for about a month- due to a nearly burst appendix. I just kept track of my cals per day (also 1200) and like you i "felt" like I was gaining... It seems it was in my head, because I cont to weigh on fridays and I was actually losing 1/2 LB.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Do you FEEL like you're putting on weight, or ARE you putting on weight?
    If you're keeping it to 1200, you should not be gaining, but a couple of days of not moving might be an opening for gaining some water weight, which is is easy enough to shed - watch your sodium, drink lots of water and make sure you're getting sufficient fiber.

On the days I'm not feeling well, (And I do have some health problems that cause that to happen sometimes) I try and at least get in a walk in the neighborhood. It isn't strenuous, but it improves circulation, mental outlook, and helps establish the HABIT of making the effort to move, even if it's just a few minutes worth.

Good job sticking to the 1200 even when you're not feeling well by the way. That is when a lot of people would turn to overeating - from boredom, depression etc.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    From my experience, watch the salt/ sodium intake! You may just be retaining water if you are in fact gaining weight. Or you may just be used to being active so the change in activity has you down. Stick with it :)
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    From my experience, watch the salt/ sodium intake! You may just be retaining water if you are in fact gaining weight. Or you may just be used to being active so the change in activity has you down. Stick with it :)

Ya beat me to it!

Check your reports and see if you have taken in more sodium lately, or if your levels are already high. Could be your weight loss has included sweating out water, but as soon as you throw in a day's rest in there, your body will retain it. You should measure yourself as well, since so many people on here tend to weigh themselves more than necessary on here and don't understand if you're drinking the recommended amount of water, that's 4 pounds of weight that may swing the scale. There's NOTHING wrong with water weight.
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Have you weighed yourself? I bet you have not put on weight. When I don't workout I feel bad about myself and start to feel fat.. but in reality I have not put on any weight at all. Just a thought...

I agree when I got on the scale after not exercising for over a week, I thought for sure that I had put on at least 3 pounds but in fact I really lost 2!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    There's no way u will have put on weight from eating 1200 a day- 1200 a day is already a huge deficit regardless of whether u exercise or not!

U prob just feel bad for not exercising so are imagining putting on weight :) U will probably have lost more!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Ive heard soda makes you feel bloated.. maybe thats whats wrong :)