Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations

Options
I recently bought a HRM of ebay and I used it for the first time today and its so not what I thought it would be (cheap for a reason). To get my calories I ether have to enter the exercise level (which isnt accurate) or you take your pulse which means you have to be exercising steadily otherwise you have to keep stopping and starting to take your heart rate.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for one that takes your HR as you exercise and just tells you the total calories burned at the end without you having to do anything.

Cheapish one would be great thanks :D

Replies

• giraffe59
    giraffe59 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have used polars for years and they work great. They even beep when your are not in your fat burning zone,. You have to wear a strap under your sports bra but it does not bother you at all. My trainer checks mine on my wrist faithfully. The polar also syncs with machines so you can read the heartrate on machines without holding the sensor.

I love mine! Have 3 one in car, one for a.m. and extra.
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    I have used polars for years and they work great. They even beep when your are not in your fat burning zone,. You have to wear a strap under your sports bra but it does not bother you at all. My trainer checks mine on my wrist faithfully. The polar also syncs with machines so you can read the heartrate on machines without holding the sensor.

I love mine! Have 3 one in car, one for a.m. and extra.

ooo im googling it right now :D thanks
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    From what I have researched and read from my wonderful MFP Pals is that you will only get an accurate reading of calories burned if you use a hrm with a chest strap.

I finally ordered my polar FT4 (after hours of research) the other day. it has yet to arrive but I will be sharing my experiences with it as soon as it does :)

The Polar FT4 seems to be the most accurate and popular at measuring calories burned. Mine was £50 from Amazon, which does seem like a lot, but its the same as a months gym membership right? And at least then you would know if all your hard work is paying off :)
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT7.
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    Thanks guys, i may just have to invest in one of these!!