Fizzy Drinks...

Options
... So if a certain fizzy drink.. Lets call it shmepsi Max is basically calorie free will it still effect any weight loss.

I am actually addicted to the stuff. I'm trying to cut down and haven't had any this evening and it's all I can think about.

BAH

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm not a professional on nutrition so I may be wrong, but by itself it probably won't effect your weight loss, but I've read that diet drinks make you more hungry when you drink them so they may indirectly cause you to gain weight.

I've recently cut back on my diet drink consumption and I've surprised myself. I used to drink A LOT a day and now I'm down to 1/2 a 20oz a day!!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    ... So if a certain fizzy drink.. Lets call it shmepsi Max is basically calorie free will it still effect any weight loss.

I am actually addicted to the stuff. I'm trying to cut down and haven't had any this evening and it's all I can think about.

BAH

everybody is different but I switched to diet pepsi when I started my weight loss journey and I still drink 5 or 6 a day and I have had good results(peek at my ticker). so i say have it unless you really want to get rid of it for other reasons.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    We all know that soda is not good for us, but it tastes soooo darn good. I love it too! To me sodas sometimes make me crave more sweet stuff... For me it's not great to eat drink artificial sweet stuff when I'm trying to retrain my tastebuds to not crave sweet stuff.

Now if you think you're "addicted" it might be a good idea not to feed your addiction and go off of it for a while.
  • louiseyanne
    Options

Now if you think you're "addicted" it might be a good idea not to feed your addiction and go off of it for a while.

This is what I thought but I love it so much !!

Nevermind.. water is just as lovely .. (yeah right)