ChaLean Extreme - do i try it or not?

Options
So I did the first month of P90X - then we went on vacation and did not do anything structured that week. Got way off track - not really watching/logging and I want to get back on track with that. P90X really was too time consuming so I am having a hard time getting back on track with it. I work 30 hours a week on top of trying to keep up with my 2 kids and their activites plus the house, etc. Really only options for squeezing in this workout was getting up at like 5:00 AM when after I worked out and got everybody ready in the morning I then have to go to work for 11 hours and then put kids to bed & just crashed. Or I did it after I put kids to bed and literally showered and passed out at night dragging my butt out of bed in the morning. It was crazy and don't think I can sustain it.
Whine whine whine - I know.
so then I started looking at ChaLean extreme. like the fact that it is way shorter in time for the workouts. I don't mind weights - we have whole set of free weights. Just wondering how everybody feels about chalean extreme vs p90x. I liked P90X if it could just get squeezed into a shorter time period so I can get it done.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I love CLX. It has completely changed the shape of my body. I really enjoy it.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I never want to miss a workout! I feel amazing from it!!! The workouts are just the right length!!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    P90X rocks but the CLX workouts are shorter and that would seem to fit you needs better. I say go for it!
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love ChaLean. I have never tried P90 mostly because of not having the equipment and it has a lot longer workouts. I really liked Insanity but it's just too hard on my knees.
  • healthyfitwell
    Options
    Go for it. I am a HUGE CLX fan. I've done a couple rounds of P90X and can honestly say I've lifted heavier and had better results with CLX lifting than I ever did with P90X resistance days. On that note, I hybrid the program whenever I do it - so for example, Tues I'd do an Insanity workout, Thursday Yoga X or Fountain of Youth and Sat I'd either do something either from Insanity, or P90X Plyo or Kenpo, or CLX Burn Intervals. It's more intense that way and I like having a 6 day workout week. (I also do Ab Ripper X on CLX lifting days, so 3 days a week)

Another fantastic plus to CLX is the time. Everything is under an hour and if you go as heavy as you're supposed to - you will feel it in sooo many ways. (Go heavy or go home!!) My only issue at first was the warm-up- I thought it was kind of cheesy, but once you get past that, it's a killer workout that delivers results. :)
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    @mettametta - I was looking at schedule and trying to see if there was a way to mix in my 2 favs from p90x - i love love love kenpo and i like yoga (well not the 1st half as much as the 2nd half but still). On my days off it was a little easier to try to get things done during my son's naptime luckily my daughter is a little more self sufficient during the hour to hour and a half I would need to workout in the middle of the day.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    how long are the average chalean workouts?,. i too have time issues for workouts
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any pics from doing it?
    Just curious to see what the results look like.
  • ktspac
    Options
    looks like 35-45 minutes 5 days a week -- vs the 60-90 minutes 6 days a week for p90x
  • ktspac
    Options
    alright just bought it - why keep waiting - so hopefully it gets here quickly and i get going on getting back in shape
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The CLX weekly schedule consists of 3 days of lifting per week - with a no lifting day in between, 1 day for a circuit-type class with light weights & 1 day for cardio/plyo type class with a stretch/yoga session.

There is a group of us that have been doing the program since May... there are some photos & loss stats in both of our posts

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/243876-chalean-extreme-group-starting-monday-5-23
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293721-chalean-extreme-group-starting-monday-5-23

I lost a total of 7 inches after the 1st 4 weeks & 4.5 lbs.