Macro help!

I'm curious to what my macros should be at. I'm a 29 year old female, roughly 30 percent body fat

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    MFP does a good job at setting your macros. If you have any health concerns or WOE you want to follow then you might want to tweak them but for now there fine as they are.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    What are your goals? Because largely macros are for adherence and to support specific goals. In general though (in terms of lean body mass:

Protein: .8-1.2g
    Fats: .35-.6g
    Carbs: Rest
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    goal weight/current weight?
  • breeeslice
    breeeslice Posts: 5 Member
    goal weight/current weight?
    psuLemon wrote: »
    What are your goals? Because largely macros are for adherence and to support specific goals. In general though (in terms of lean body mass:

Protein: .8-1.2g
    Fats: .35-.6g
    Carbs: Rest

As of right now, I would like to reach 130lbs without losing too much muscle
  • deannalfisher
    that is still kind of vague - but assuming 130lbs with 22% BF (=101lbs lean muscle mass) - so aim for 80-100g protein; 35-60g fat and then the rest carbs - I'm a bit heavier than you (148, but heavily active so I use TDEE and focusing on recomp) and take in about 2350 on average a day - you'll need to run your stats through either MFP or a TDEE calculator (TDEE is helpful if you have a set daily workout routine, MFP is better is you are more ad hoc)
  • breeeslice
    breeeslice wrote: »
    I'm curious to what my macros should be at. I'm a 29 year old female, roughly 30 percent body fat

Sorry I didn't add I'm 147ish
    Is TDEE an app?
  • deannalfisher
    TDEE - total daily energy expenditure - its basically what your body burns in calories all day (not just exercise) - so BMR (basal metabolic rate) + NEAT (non-energy adaptive thermosis - calories from walking around/existing) + purposeful exercise calories = TDEE

MFP - uses NEAT as your calorie basis and then you add in purposeful exercise calories
  • psuLemon
    yea, I'd have you around 100-120g of protein. The bigger question is, what is your workout program
  • breeeslice
    yea, I'd have you around 100-120g of protein. The bigger question is, what is your workout program

Right now im of kind of switching between Kayla Itsines and Ashley Horner rig for pain. Im kind of all over the place with workoit i need to zone it in

• tenmyoujis
    tenmyoujis Posts: 9 Member
    iifym.com :)
  • psuLemon
    breeeslice wrote: »

Right now im of kind of switching between Kayla Itsines and Ashley Horner rig for pain. Im kind of all over the place with workoit i need to zone it in

You should probably figure out what is going to support your goals outside of just weight loss (i.e., StrongCurves is a great program focused around the glutes for those women who want to build their butts). Keep in mind, that basic goals generally drive basic results (which is why I still don't have abs). Specific goals and action plans will drive specific results.

Below are some good resistance programs.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1