How can I tighten skin after losing weight

Options
I've lost some weight doing Keto, but now I feel like my skin is all mushy...any tips on getting the skin to tighten up? It's not ALOT...but I'd love some tips.

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem and have been using a variety of products -
    A good gritty sugar scrub in the shower every day around the belly, bum, and anyplace else there's lose skin. I've been using Nerium on those areas after my shower and before bedtime, it def works but is sort of expensive. Don't laugh but Preparation-H works too... drys/tightens the skin nicely! During my workouts I use Sweet Sweat with the waist trainer and sometimes I use Vasoburn. Both work well but Vasoburn gets super hot! The whole key to all of this is to be consistent... Hope this helps!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's mainly effected by genetics and age.

Time is also a factor. It can take over a year.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It's mainly effected by genetics and age.

Time is also a factor. It can take over a year.

I'm fn screwed then :)
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    I've had the same problem and have been using a variety of products -
    A good gritty sugar scrub in the shower every day around the belly, bum, and anyplace else there's lose skin. I've been using Nerium on those areas after my shower and before bedtime, it def works but is sort of expensive. Don't laugh but Preparation-H works too... drys/tightens the skin nicely! During my workouts I use Sweet Sweat with the waist trainer and sometimes I use Vasoburn. Both work well but Vasoburn gets super hot! The whole key to all of this is to be consistent... Hope this helps!

Great, THANKS! This is all good advice!! I have a friend that suggests a gallon of water daily as well...She's a body builder, she also suggested Nivea Skin Firming Cream...cheaper than Nerium. I bought a Faciablaster...I just don't use it... lol...
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would start building some muscle, https://bodybuilding.com/exercises
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Add some muscle, if that fails then tummy tuck. sorry
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There are 3 options:

1) don't get fat to start with
    2) build some muscle to fill it out
    3) wait

2&3 go hand in hand are about all you can do.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    B4Rachael wrote: »
    I would start building some muscle, https://bodybuilding.com/exercises

This is what I've been thinking... have to start getting it in. :)
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    Add some muscle, if that fails then tummy tuck. sorry

Yes... I don't think they would do a tummy tuck on me... it's not enough...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Also remember that it takes time. With my initial weightloss, my skin was kind of loose and skwishy, but over time and losing a little more subdermal fat, it starts tightening. How much it will tighten up is mostly genetic, how much you lost and how quickly.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    Also remember that it takes time. With my initial weightloss, my skin was kind of loose and skwishy, but over time and losing a little more subdermal fat, it starts tightening. How much it will tighten up is mostly genetic, how much you lost and how quickly.

Yes, I'm trying to keep this in mind :)
  • NYCDutchess
    Options

Wow. Such insight. So inspirational.

GTFO. :|

I wasn't even going to entertain that comment... :wink:
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Wow. Such insight. So inspirational.

GTFO. :|

No intent of being inspirational, just stating the facts. Sometimes it's hard to hear but it may help others who may read this thread and are going down the wrong path.
  • prpeterson2016
    prpeterson2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Definitely start building muscle. Get toned; it will help fill out your loose skin. Also, over the years, your skin will slowly retract as well.... another option for assisting the tummy area for women, is to invest in a good quality corset. It actually helps substancially. Look up Waist Training 101 on facebook. They are amazing. Don't buy a corset without proper research. There are a lot of fake ones out there and latex company falsely advertising that their products are corsets, when in fact, they aren't.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    Waist trainers, creams, wraps, scrubbing, dry brushing, topicals, etc. are all just temporary fixes on very short term (like a day or less). Skin is an organ is if you have loose skin from weight loss your MAIN approach would be TIME. Age, genetics and how much you have to lose will affect how long (if at all) skin will retract. If it's just slight, then the next approach would be to try to fill in that gap with a little more muscle.
    Understand that there will many many people that will give anecdotal evidence of how they did it, but in most cases the above is true. Don't get scammed by promises from sales people who have NO EXPERTISE in actual physiology or biology.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    Definitely start building muscle. Get toned; it will help fill out your loose skin. Also, over the years, your skin will slowly retract as well.... another option for assisting the tummy area for women, is to invest in a good quality corset. It actually helps substancially. Look up Waist Training 101 on facebook. They are amazing. Don't buy a corset without proper research. There are a lot of fake ones out there and latex company falsely advertising that their products are corsets, when in fact, they aren't.
    Waist training isn't a great approach and does nothing to reduce loose skin since it does nothing to the skin itself. You can "look" better with it on so things don't hang out or bulge, but it's not a cure for loose skin (actually nothing is short of surgery).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Nope. And waist training 101, if advising it can do anything other than be awesome shapewear (excepting for a subset of serious waist trainers who use custom made, very expensive, steel boned waist training corsets like Mr Pearl who wears a corset from the moment he wakes to the moment he sleeps. In fact, he may even sleep in it) is an exercise in massive misinformation. Man this shiznit cheeses me off. They absolutely cannot defy human physiology and tighten skin.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    You could always just get fat again.

(To be fair, you didn't say that you were looking for good or solid advice.)