One bad day a week? . . . oh yes!!!!!!

Options
Decided i am permitted one bad day a week!!

This day will be every Tuesday!!!

One where I can go over the calorie limit!!

as Sunday is weigh in and measure day i have all week to make up for the failure!!!!

But is this ok? or is this a bad slippery slope lol

Replies

• MarielElizabeth
    Options
    I think it will be okay as long as you can control yourself and not go over like 3,000 calories!! (like i would do lol)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    why wouldn't it be ok? It is your life and your body. No, in all seriousness, it is often encouraged to have one "splurge" day. Enjoy!!!
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My very first personal trainer/nutrionist that helped me loose 25lbs said 1 cheat MEAL a week not an entire day but one meal....it works it helps keep my cravings down and to keep loosing weight
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My very first personal trainer/nutrionist that helped me loose 25lbs said 1 cheat MEAL a week not an entire day but one meal....it works it helps keep my cravings down and to keep loosing weight

I agree with this. One cheat MEAL helps me keep on better track for the week. If I have a full cheat DAY, then I'm likely to think "Hmm, well, I'm doing okay with a full cheat day, so, it won't hurt if I cheat on this Friday meal too" and then it spirals out of control!

If you have success with it though, ROCK IT ! :)
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do one cheat MEAL every week & it really helps me to stay motivated/ focused on healthy eating all week long. It's definitely NOT for everyone- but, if you can't control yourself.... 5000 calories would probably cancel out your healthy eating for the entire week:tongue:
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Keeps the body confused = good deal. Only you know if it is a slippery slope. And if you think it might be... open your diary to your friends so they can help keep you accountable.
  • sassykj
    sassykj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tend to find that I have one bad day a week (and thankfully it's AFTER I've weighed in- my weigh ins are Thursdays and I find that Friday or Saturday when we're OUT tends to be a "not so good diet day") But... that being said, the day isn't TOO far over the calorie goal and I think it largely depends on WHAT you're going to be "bad" with. WE can't be perfect ALL the time!! If we aim for "perfection" we're only setting ourselves up for failure!!!!! :)
  • lovinlife71
    lovinlife71 Posts: 230
    Options
    I have found that this works for me. The higher calorie day kick starts my metabolism and my body gets out of the 'starvation mode'. 6 days of week I am at or slightly below my calorie goal and the remaining day I go over by 100-200 calories.
  • Jack_mc
    Jack_mc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well today had a bad day.

But next tuesday shall push out and have a bad meal!!!
    A HUGE fish pie is already being planned! NOM cheese!!!! x
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I do one cheat day a week (on Saturday, after weigh in).

I find on a cheat day I may have bacon for breakfast, a burger (homemade lean beef) for lunch, cake with my tea, maybe a couple of ciders in the garden if it's sunny, a bag of crisps in the evening etc. I don't really go massively over what would be a maintenance level of calories but with the wrong types of food that I wouldn't normally have.

One treat meal... Well can you say 8 pieces of KFC with 2 fries and sides with full fat coke and cake for dessert? I can have 1500-1800 calories in one no holds barred meal no worries!

Just saying, a cheat day for me is full of little treats all day long whereas a cheat meal entices me to eat as much as I can in this meal because it's the last I'll have for a week.

Different strokes for different folks though I guess.