Jillian Michaels Videos - Which 1 first?

Options
Hi all!

My name is Anna.
I just been to a garage sale n bought a series of Jillian Michaels Exercise Videos.
I have not exercise for over a decade.

Any recommends which vid for beginner to start with ?
I have the following:

1. Cardio Kickbox
2. banish fat boost metabolism
3. No More Trouble Zones
4. 30 Day Shred
5. 6 Week Six-Pack
6. ripped in 30

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• zakku1
    zakku1 Posts: 32
    Options
    I would start with 30 day shred. Level 1 is good for beginners, challenging but with modifications. I have No More Trouble Zones and Ripped in 30 but I think 30 day shred is the best way to start getting in to Jillian Michaels without getting overwhelmed... after 30 day shred I was motivated and ready for the harder stuff.
  • caristear
    caristear Posts: 30
    Options
    I agree...Shred videos first. Start with Shred 1 and work your way up to Shred 3. Power Sculpt (Biggest Loser) is good also for strength training!!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred...on day 7....it seems to be working good for me
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree with zakku1. I have 30 Day shred, Ripped in 30, No more trouble zones, and banish fat boost metabolism and I would say that 30 day shred would be a good place to start. It will give you a good feel for Jillian's style and the workout is not too long (about 25 mins). Some of her other ones are longer and might be overwhelming for a beginner.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a great one to start with! Banish fat, boost metab. is a looong one. About an hour! 30DS is only about 27 minutes with warm up & cool down :smile:
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow u got a deal....
  • bagpipebecky03
    Options
    I agree; 30 day Shred. I am on day 8 and have noticed changes already! :smile:
  • sonyume
    sonyume Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm only familiar with half of them - 30 Day Shred, Blast Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones. But based on the titles and knowing what I know about Jillian workouts, I'd agree that 30 Day Shred level 1 is a great place to start. You could also watch the DVDs first and see what you think. It's kind of amusing to sit and literally just watch a workout DVD but it helps you know what you're getting into. And wherever you start, you can always go at your own pace and work your way up to keeping up with the folks on the DVD. Good luck!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would definately start with 30 Day Shred! Then: Ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack, cardio kickboxing, no more trouble zones (50 min), banish fat boost metabolism (50 min)! I lost 60 lbs with 30 Day Shred! If you go to Exercise TV online you can actually print out a calendar they created that has her programs all mixed up in a Jillian "Cocktail" if we may to keep it changed up and help lose weight faster!
  • manorexicmarshmallow
    manorexicmarshmallow Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have kind of creaky fragile floors. Can any of these exercises be done on those floors or should I find some place that can handle jumping around?
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Totally agree I have 4 out of 6 of those and my first experience with Jillian was Shred and Im glad and then I did Ripped followed by 6 week and then BFBM :)
  • AnnaLoseIT50
    Options
    WOW! Thanks you all so much!
    I was expecting to see some replies few days later but this is GREAT!
    I'm definitely going to b active on this forum.
    You all rocks!
  • o0oBonnieo0o
    Options
    i am on day 3 of her 30ds and its awesome:) I recommend that one