6 week plateau

Options
I'm stuck! I have been at the same weight for 6 weeks and can't get out of it. I have increased my workout and been sticking to my diet. Looking for any advice or help! I have also increased my water in take to about 115 oz a day. Trying to get it to 140oz regularly. I'm at a loss but I'm not going to stop.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? How are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary so people can help?

Don't worry it's normally something simple and easy to fix :)
  • denise_teddy
    denise_teddy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try safe fasting for 15hours that always helps me.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    06joa3x4mucs.jpg
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Out of interest are you keeping a diary of your body measurements? Is it possible you're not losing weight but toning/strengthening up - depends on your exercise regime of course. It is most likely, as others have said, food related. But it is also worth keeping a track of how your body changes as it makes you look at how your body is changing and that can help keep you motivated.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Change up what you eat. Our bodies get use to what we eat. Eating more protein than carb will help you lose weight. Less salt. A lot of processed foods are loaded with salt which makes a person gain.
    And changing what exercises can help get past a platue.
    Every person is different. What works for one person may not work for the other. Thats why its good to keep track what we eat. A friend of mine cut cheese out and sugars, breads, and her weight starting coming off again.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    hunhun57 wrote: »
    Change up what you eat. Our bodies get use to what we eat. Eating more protein than carb will help you lose weight. Less salt. A lot of processed foods are loaded with salt which makes a person gain.
    Every person is different. What works for one person may not work for the other. Thats why its good to keep track what we eat. A friend of mine cut cheese out and sugars, breads, and her weight starting coming off again.

All that will do is give you a temporary loss of some water weight. It won't help you lose body fat.
  • mariejade96
    mariejade96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try increasing you calorie intake for a few days and change up your exercise regime. I was in the plateau zone, ate 3217 one day and changed my exercise routine, the next day was 2lbs down.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

How do old school bodybuilders get lean on chicken broccoli and rice every meal if their bodies get used to it?

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try safe fasting for 15hours that always helps me.

What is unsafe fasting?

I can fast easily for 15 hours if I don't eat first thing and wait until lunch. It doesn't make me drop any more weight than if I was to spread the calories out though...
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    6 week plateau means you're eating at maintenance, either increase your activity or eat less or both.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

This post is completely wrong.