Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Juice cleanse

Hello guys!
Has anyone ever done a 2-3 day juice cleanse? If so what was your experience like and do you recommend any specific ones?
Thank you :)

Replies

• pkfw88
    pkfw88 Posts: 7 Member
    Yes! I did the Suja juice cleanse. 3 maple cayenne lemon juices, 3 green juices, and 3 strawberry almond protein juices. With some light snacks in between (apples, almonds, carrots). I loved it when I was doing it, I felt so good, super high energy, low hunger. I lost about 10 pounds, but quickly gained it back when I started eating regular food again. So.... Overall I am wary of full on juice cleanses, but I think adding a juice as a meal replacer can be great. Or doing a fast for one day a week. There is definitely something about all of the fresh squeezed goodness that makes you feel alive!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Yeah, juice cleanses are full of sugar, lacking protein, fats, and fiber. Save your money and find a way of eating that makes you feel good that you can do indefinitely.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    I did Pressed Juicery 5 day cleanse twice and they have a three day cleanse. They give you 6 juices to drink per day plus aloe water. The juices are shipped fresh to you so it's expensive. It has a lot more calories than I thought but the juices taste good. In the end it wasn't for me. Yes I lost weight only to be so hungry I gained it back. I didn't feel I got enough nutrients to workout and I was always tired. I have friends who love juice fasts and do that on a periodic basis. But for me I am better off eating real food. You can see on their website the different juices and how their cleanse works if you want that information.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    what are you hoping to accomplish on this three day juice "cleanse"?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    I don't like juice cleanses.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I've done several 1-3 day juice cleanses. I like a good juice cleanse. It makes you feel energetic and gives your skin and eyes a nice glow. That's probably from all the vitamins and minerals. I do like to add a little fat to my juices to help me absorb those vitamins. Usually, that's just 1/4 to 1/2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil with each non-nut-based juice. The nut milks have their own fat. For me, after about 3 days, all my allergies and joint pain are eliminated, and that usually lasts a good 3 weeks to a month after the cleanse. I love that part.

I've done Nektar Juice, but that has too much sugar for me as they're mostly apple juice based. They don't have the good effect I'm looking for.

I love Kreation Juice's Meltdown Cleanse, but I usually add a nut milk in place of one of the juices. I like Pressed Juicery, too, but I haven't done a whole cleanse with them. They used to have a brazil nut milk that may be the best thing I have ever tasted. I used to use it with the Kreation cleanse.

Except for Nektar's, where I gained weight, I can lose a couple pounds on a cleanse and I don't gain it back, but usually weight loss isn't a goal for my cleanse. I just want to feel fantastic.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    What exactly are you trying to "cleanse"? Your liver actually does that for you, cost free!!
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Don't waste your money or time. You'll get more benefit from any "detoxifying" properties if you just incorporate those foods into your daily diet on a regular basis. Your body doesn't need a juice fast to clear stuff out, if you're healthy it does just fine most of the time.