I crossed the line at Dress Barn

Options
For those of you not familiar with Dress Barn, it is a women's clothing store. One side of the store is plus size and the other side is non-plus size.

Today I went shopping for new clothes. I walked into the plus size side and picked out some pants and shirts. Much to my surprise the plus size shirts were too large!

For the first time in about 18 years I was able to cross that invisible line to the other side of the store!

Many of you may not get my excitement at "crossing the line" but gosh darn it, I am so proud of myself. :)

Replies

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congratulations!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know that feeling well and still head for the "fuller figured woman's" department.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I get it and it is a very big deal. I've had the experience more than once and it's always a thrill. Congratulations!
  • reteed
    reteed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You've just given me another goal to strive for ... "crossing the line"!
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! Really happy for you !
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @kstephenson40 Congrats on your transformation. Is this all thanks to MFP ?
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! Yay for you!!
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow! That must have felt amazing!! Good for you.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Great job!

raw
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Ha! I knew exactly what you were talking about from the title. I started on the normal side and then had to switch to the plus side (that was a call to reality). I hope I can cross the line again one day! Then again that store always makes me think of my brother-in-law who once commented he couldn't imagine any woman wanting to shop in a store with the name 'Barn' in it. :D Whatever, they have some great stuff. :)

Wonderful work and congrats!
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about the name! But I do love the clothes. And you will cross the line again!
  • dannagugerty
    dannagugerty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For those of you not familiar with Dress Barn, it is a women's clothing store. One side of the store is plus size and the other side is non-plus size.

Today I went shopping for new clothes. I walked into the plus size side and picked out some pants and shirts. Much to my surprise the plus size shirts were too large!

For the first time in about 18 years I was able to cross that invisible line to the other side of the store!

Many of you may not get my excitement at "crossing the line" but gosh darn it, I am so proud of myself. :)

• venuscaelestis
    venuscaelestis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I bet this felt so good!
  • Finkelstien
    Finkelstien Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey Kstephenson40,

i think it is awesome and congratulations. I also wanted to let you know that, i like your positive attitude on the boards :)
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic! I love achievements like that because weight is just a number but this is about improving your life.

We don't have that store in Germany but I'm looking forward to the time when my choice isn't limited to the few stores that carry a plus size range anymore.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    wooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!