GNC Women's Multi-V with calorieburning support?

Options
Hey, so I needed a multi vitamin and got convinced by the sales person to try something new. It's called Women's Ultra Mega Energy & Metabolism. Was wondering if something like this is really effective as far as kicking up metabolism? Have you tried anything like this?

The "caffeine and metabolism blend" includes green tea, black pepper, and some other things...just curious if anyone has had success with this! Thanks

Replies

• JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    GOOD QUESTION, I NEED SOMETHING TO HELP BOOST ALSO...
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I didn't see that one... I believe I take one called Women's Ultra Mega Active (I think). I love it. I swear it helps my energy level and overall well being. We moved this past weekend and it was lost in a box for 3 days and I did not feel the same.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Not too sure about the one you have I just started taking the walmart brand of the One a Day Women's Active Metabolism, so similar to yours I've only been using it for a few weeks so not too sure if it is helping the metabolism more then a regular vitamin. I have noticed a difference in my energy though.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    bump

I wanna see the replies... I am in the market for a multi-vitamin as well.
  • DawnLosing
    DawnLosing Posts: 87
    Options
    I take One A Day Energy

http://www.oneaday.com/energy.html

Seems to give me energy, however since my diet no longer include Big Mac's and Fries, that may have something to do with it as well :)
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    I also take the WUM Active and I love it. It does help with to keep my energy up. I started with the WUM Energy and Metabolism blend, but find the Active works better although they are very similar product..
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I take the Womens Ultra Mega Active as well and notice a change in energy when I'm taking it.
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for the info! Do you really feel the effects of caffeine ? I'll be starting it tomorrow so I guess I will find out haha
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    I take One A Day Energy

http://www.oneaday.com/energy.html

Seems to give me energy, however since my diet no longer include Big Mac's and Fries, that may have something to do with it as well :)

LOL at no longer eating big macs and fries, yeah I feel you there. I don't drink nearly as much coffee anymore since I started eating better and don't want to feel too jittery from a vitamin but I doubt it will be that noticeable.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I take MULTI Complete (with iron and calcium, made with D3) made by Nature Made. I get it at the grocery store. I like the liquid softges. I can't tell you how much better I feel. Taking this multi vitamin has changed my life for the better (though I now know I was iron deficient). I felt somewhat better (more energetic) the very next day. I continued to improve for at least three months and the effect has lasted (in that I have more energy). Keep in mind, I was in very bad shape (having lost almost all of my energy for the last 6-7 years due largely to iron deficiency, but also because I wasn't getting the other things I really needed, like Vitamin D).

Now (after tracking my nutrician in MFP), I've discovered that I'm low on potassium, so I take that too (because it is not in my multi vitamin).

I highly recommend a multi vitamin with iron.

In the past I used to take various things (off and on) and never felt a difference.

If it wasns't for this new habit, I would never have had the energy to diet, much less exercise.