I'm New - Hi everybody!!!

Options
Hello!

I just signed up today with the hopes of losing weight once and for all. I am trying to go from 167 to 145 (I am 5'6 and 39 years old). I need help!!!!

I try to exercise four times a week and I am a moderate eater (once a day I allow myself a little bit of chocolate) but I don't lose any weight. I figured I would give this as my final last ditch effort. Maybe the support from a community will aid my weight loss.

I look forward to your messages and advice!!!!!

Julie1313

Replies

• Julie1313
    Options
    Hello!

I just signed up today with the hopes of losing weight once and for all. I am trying to go from 167 to 145 (I am 5'6 and 39 years old). I need help!!!!

I try to exercise four times a week and I am a moderate eater (once a day I allow myself a little bit of chocolate) but I don't lose any weight. I figured I would give this as my final last ditch effort. Maybe the support from a community will aid my weight loss.

I look forward to your messages and advice!!!!!

Julie1313
  • coachltlbit
    Options
    cut out all sodas and juices...drink only water...it is amazing how that helps!!
  • bluestime
    Options
    It would be awesome if you get a picture so we don't feel like we're talking to a robot. Welcome aboard though. The best feature is the graph. It is awesome to see your spiral downward in weight!
  • thewelch_family
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    Welcome! I completely agree with cutting out sodas and just drinking water. Also watch your portion sizes, this has helped me a lot. I lost 2lbs just cutting my portion sizes and making healthier food choices this week.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Start off kind of small - dont go crazy right off or you will burn out. I am 50 - 5' 7"and started at 170 in Sept, now at 140 - only 5 more to go!

I started by just saying that I would walk for a half an hour 3 times per week and if I did that I could eat anything I wanted ( just tried to control portions). After a week or two I found that I wanted to challenge myself more and was walking close to an hour a day 4 or 5 times a week. Meanwhile, I was eating pretty much what I wanted, but was using this site to log everything. Shortly, I found that I didnt want to eat as much since I had to write it down and didnt want to have all my walking "go to waste".

About a month and a half in I was walking 6 days a week up to 1 1/2 hours per day ( I know not everyone has this much extra time) and sticking very close to calorie limits. Actually I fell into -not able to eat all my calories rut - which is not a good thing. Anyway, I lost 2 pounds per week fairly consistently. I have " cheated" often, but my idea of cheating has changed substantially ( even cheat foods are far healthier than they used to be and much less in quantity) and I have never really felt deprived. I go out to lunch, dinner , go on vacations and ( eek) drink occasionally and still lose weight.

I think if you can stick to your plan for the first few months and you are really religious about getting in your exercise your metabolism will increase and will be much more forgiving. Thats whats been happening to me anyway.

Good luck to you - you can do this
  • Julie1313
    Options
    thank you all.

The good thing is that I don't drink soda or juice. I love water. And I drink alot of it. but i also like alcohol, which I have cut drastically. I have gone from drinking grey goose when I go to the clubs in NYC to wine spritzers. I limit them to two a night.

I like to exercise alot. But I do tend to burn myself out. So I will try to be moderate about that.

My issue is portion control. I am Dominican, so my parents taught me to eat every bit of rice and beans off my plate. I have outgrown that. But I do tend to eat even when my stomach is comfortably full.

You provide some sound advice, I hope I have the will power to follow through!

Julie1313
  • bells
    bells Posts: 7
    Options
    Really go for it when you work out! Shock your body.

Best of luck