Newbie & Frustrated

Options
HI
I have been doing this new lifestlye change since 1/9/09 and i have only lost 4lbs. I eat all my calories allotted per day and also consume all my exercise calories and do 64 minutes of cardio per day six days per week.
Help!!!! Having a really hard time staying focused when my scale doesn't move.

Replies

• indianra
    indianra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI
    I have been doing this new lifestlye change since 1/9/09 and i have only lost 4lbs. I eat all my calories allotted per day and also consume all my exercise calories and do 64 minutes of cardio per day six days per week.
  • mamashrub
    Options
    HI

I know how you feel, I am dealing with the exact same thing you are...you would think that maybe after 3 weeks the jeans would at least feel a bit looser, or the scale would move the way it should, but its not working..I just keep telling myself that I cannot be the only one not losing weight, and to stick it out a bit longer..this has to work...a few million people who it has worked for cant be wrong, right?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I think 4 pounds is fantastic! You've only been doing this for a hair over 3 weeks... that means you've lost more than one pound per week!

You could always adjust your calories a bit lower (not sure where they are now) if you want to lose a little quicker, although losing more than 2 pounds a week is generally not recommended - depends on how big you are now!
  • OliveBranch
    Options
    Four pounds is fantastic in less than a month! Any more than that would be dangerous. Shoot for 1 to 2 lbs per week. As far as exercise is concerned, don't increase your time, increase you intensity. Short 1 to 2 minute bursts of cardio, with increased resistance will help your overall fitness level and help boost your metabolism. Throwing in weight lifting a few days a week will help too. And as far as diet, try alternating between 4-6 small meals a day, and try not to eat after 7pm.
    And most of all, be patient with yourself and with your progress! The weight wasn't put on in a day, and it won't come off in one either! You're doing a great job!
    -Olive Branch
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here so much. I find it very helpful, supportive, and very motivational. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. I think four pounds is awesome.
  • indianra
    Options
    Thank you so much for your ideas and support. I will try everything you suggested.
  • Julie837
    Options
    Hi, I'm with you. I started about the first week of January, and workout two hours a day, 6 days a week, with one hour cardio and one hour circut training or bodysculpting. I've only lost three pounds, eating 1400 calories a day, and not using excercise calories. Everyday my net calories are around 500, and the computer says I should be losing 4.2 pounds per week. I think it's time to get a new computer! I do feel trimmer and stronger, have more energy, and like working out, but since I want to lose 90 pounds, this no weight loss sort of stinks. Does anybody know when the muscle build up slows and the weight starts to come off? Julie
  • indianra
    Options
    I've been told the first couple weeks is just water weight.....
    I don't drink my water do you think this may be key?

thank you
  • indianra
    Options
    thank you for your support
  • Julie837
    Options
    Hi, at Weight watchers today the talk was about water, and water does not actually "flush" fat the way people claim, but instead keeps your organs protected and keeps yopur metabolism regulated, which in turn helps weight loss. Any fluid will do, even soup and smoothies, coffee, etc.. , but of course water is still the highest recomendation. Hope this helps, j
  • rosered51
    Options
    Yes water is very important...but 4 pounds is AWESOME...another tip...take your measurements. A lot of times when you aren't losing on the scale, you are losing inches. Knowing that what you are doing is making a difference can definitely help you stay on track!

GOOD LUCK!!! You can do this!!! WTG on your 4, every pound down is a step in the right direction!!! :flowerforyou:
  • indianra
    Options
    yes it does thank you very much
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Finally! Some people who are NOT losing. I thought I was the only one who could not lose or was not having "amazing" weight loss. I think 4 lbs is great but when we hear about all these folks losing 11 lbs or 9lbs the first week it gets depressing. All I know is hang in there, do drink the water, and first and foremost don't get discouraged. Thats what I am telling myself anyway. :tongue:

Teri
  • Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I stopped losing weight at my 2 weeks mark, I lost 2 pounds right of the start then nothing for a very long time. While my gym pals were down to 11lbs gone. I'll admit it I gave up and had a huge binge day (which I don't recommend) But I'm back at it and changing up my routine a bit just to lose some more weight. Good luck and stay healthy.