Got to get back at it!!

Options
Can't Stay focused, have all the tools just can't seem to keep it going!! Been struggling all Spring was down 19lbs. Went on vacation gained back over 10 and can't stay on track.

Replies

• need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    We all have bumps in the road.... we are human.
    The point is .. we never are failures unless we give up trying!
    Stay strong... you can do this!
    B)
  • macsndy
    macsndy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks did great today!
  • snooky211
    snooky211 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Keep going; it will come off in the end!
  • macsndy
    Options
    Had a loss this am on scale baby steps
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have my thyroid is just bout non-existent and I have neck and back problems. I was doing great for about a year. I had lost almost 30 pounds when I had to stop completely due to my neck. I spent 4 months in physical therapy and then the holidays came. Needless to say, I gained all of it and then some back. I CANNOT seem to get myself back in the gym. I walk a little most days but not enough to make a difference. Any suggestions on how to get myself started again? Could really use the help.
  • macsndy
    Options
    Seeing that I'm here seeking motivation I'm probably not the one to give advice right now, but i've been through this before. The only thing i will say is don't dismiss the little walking. Something is better than nothing and something can always lead to more.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You are correct. I always tell everyone to take baby steps. A little exercise at a time. You will soon get excited and want to do more. Exercise is good for the mind and body. You are on the right track. Also, when I am eating healthier, I feel much better. I'm sure you will be fine. Good Luck :)
  • abbyweaver1975
    Options
    Thanks SoleTrainer and macsndy. I appreciate the words of cofidence.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    You are welcome! You go girl! :)
  • macsndy
    Options
    how's everyone been doing, I'm picking away a little at a time,but that's okay
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    I exercise regularly,try to do my best with portion control, but I have problems when snacking. I choose the wrong kind of snacks. I have healthy snacks that I could eat, but lately I haven't made the best choices when snacking. I need to get a better mind set. I sure could use some encouragement. :)
  • abbyweaver1975
    Options
    Day 1 of the I am starting over AGAIN tour. The last of my children graduated Friday so I didn't even attempt to begin again. Today is a new day though! I have done well so far. It is going to sound like a crazy breakfast choice but compared to what I have been doing lately believe me it is a good choice. I ate a bowl of green beans lightly seasoned and I only drank 1 cup (granted it is 24 oz) of coffee. Praying for continued success of good choices today.

SoleTrainer - I feel your pain. I make bad choices when it comes to snacking too. I would much rather it the tortilla chips in the pantry rather than the almonds. I'll pray for you and you pray for me. We are going to make it! One way or the other!!! LOL
  • macsndy
    Options
    Had a good week last week but a bad eating weekend with still a net loss so I guess that's okay. Back at it again today.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    Thanks abbyweaver1 I sure will pray for you, and yes WE will make it. My husband lost his brother this past weekend due to a heart condition. It has been a very stressful time, but God is good and I know everything will be O.K. Thank you so much for your encouragement. :)
  • abbyweaver1975
    Options
    Any time SoleTrainer. I am sorry for your loss.
  • abbyweaver1975
    Options
    Two good days then one bad. GGGRRR!!! Still working on consistency. With it being the end of the fiscal year for my job there isn't much walking going on either, but I'm staying positive.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    You keep going abbyweaver, a little exercise is better than none. :)
  • efoleo
    efoleo Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi...thot i could join in....trying to make better choices so i can lose much needed weight before 2017 is over...wishing u guys a good thursday
  • abbyweaver1975
    Options
    Welcome efoleo! Good Thursday to you too!
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    Great to have you join us efoleo. A good Thursday to you as well. :)