Favorite vacation spots

Options
3M_TA3
3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
edited June 2017 in Chit-Chat
Where is it and what makes it your favorite?

Replies

• Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Montana. Few people, great everything (outdoor activities) and no sales tax.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Away from home because its not home. Also has better food. And is generally cleaner.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I recently went to Galina, Illinois. Small town, beautiful lake... perfect place to restore the soul.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Any place with a beach. Preferably not super crowded.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

article-2149766-134E4CEF000005DC-205_964x629.jpg

Interested?
  • SteadyDoinIt281
    SteadyDoinIt281 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ka'Anapali/Lahaina on Maui. Tropical yet mountainous. My wife and I spent a week there, and although it's a tiny island, we didn't see half of it. Not only that, but we also met dozens of people that came on vacation and canceled their return flight. So much so that we considered, if only for a second, doing the same. It's a type of shocking, breathtaking beauty that I've yet to see elsewhere.

Close runner ups: Jackson, Wyoming, anywhere in Colorado, the coast of South Carolina.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Interested?

Minus the rocks, yes! I like sitting right at the shore line. Rocks would hurt.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Interested?

Black sand beaches.. I try to stay clear of them. and @browneyedgirl749 I think you should just join me in Spain instead.

Spain is on my bucket list!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    <---

Cabo. Beautiful beach, lovely people, excellent food. Close enough to home that the travel itself isn't terribly expensive or stressful.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I recently went to Galina, Illinois. Small town, beautiful lake... perfect place to restore the soul.

This a great little place.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I love everything from the beaches of Mexico to small quiet little places but my favorite has to be up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I can stay up there in a quaint little cabin exploring for days.
  • 3M_TA3
    Options
    I enjoyed my cruises to the Carribean....
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    A cabin in the mountains. Preferably near a lake.

Indoor plumbing and electricity is nice for bathing and cooking, but no phone or internet would be perfectly fine.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I love "big water". I really like the Georgian Bay area, or along the North shores of Lake Superior. I love the sound of the waves.

I love Vancouver Island, and the beaches there. There are so many where you are basically the only one there, plus it is often overcast which is my favoutite weather.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    @NorthCascades you posted a photo of my ideal get away while I was posting about it. I love that photo!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    All of them...

The only place we go routinely is Mission Beach, San Diego for some beach time...usually a long weekend once per year to get our beach fix...other than that, our vacations are pretty much always something and some place different.

Last year it was Colombia, South America...it was a pretty incredible place, especially Medallin.

This year we're going on safari to Tanzania...pretty sure it's going to be awesome.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    @FeraFila And you described it while I was looking up the photo. That place has indoor pluming, hot showers, and a kitchen, but there's no TV, internet, or even cell reception. And you have to hike a mile (or longer) to get there, and again to leave.

They're open from June through October. They have no vacancy any date they're open. And they only take reservations a year in advance, so you make next year's reservation when you check in or out, and it's yours for life. We got lucky and called right after somebody cancelled, 4 years ago. :smile:
  • 3M_TA3
    Options
    RLR, because none of you can ever go there. Here's the view from the front door of my cabin:

28000584645_c55d2f8ea1_o_d.jpg

Not what I would normally do but that is an incredible view!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    We have a spot on the Colorado river that we visit every year for tubing trips.