Just Keep Keeping On

Options
MNGal47
MNGal47 Posts: 9 Member
I am really glad that I found this site. I've used it over the years and it's helped me but I've never been serious about getting healthy as I am now. Hoping to find more friends that are working on getting healthy too period I use Weight Watchers for the support and the nutrition learning but I log calories here. A friend of mine did it this way and lost 50 pounds. I'm trying to focus on getting healthy after suffering a tremendous loss my sister 54 years old passed away on May 9th from Crohn's disease and cancer. This has been devastating and rather than Fall Apart due to the sadness I have to fight to be healthy. Please share with me what is kept you going and what some healthy tips that have helped you on your journey.Tx

Replies

• WingoG
    WingoG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to here about your sister. Prayers and thoughts for you. Congratulations on keeping your head up and sticking to your healthy goal. I'm just starting out here. I'm hoping this will hold me accountable. I have noticed that my problem is more of emotional eating. I quit smoking 2 and a half years ago and moved to snacking. I'm ready to get my confidence back. Good luck on your journey!
  • MNGal47
    Options
    Thank you.
  • MNGal47
    Options
    Would love to make new friends along this journey.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey. :smile: I used to live a hugely unhealthy lifestyle. I started on this journey because I am a youth leader and I wanted to be able to play more with my kids. I was miserable and would get out of breath even tying my shoes. I had no self confidence. Now I've lost 61 lbs through very hard work. It's not easy, but thinking about how much healthier I am, how much better I feel, how much more I can do, and how I can serve the kids better, keeps me going. It's so worth it. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • MNGal47
    Options
    Thanks you look great.